Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BECKETT HEAT MANAGER

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
the DHW sensor and turn the power off and back on again.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=313&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Butch_4
    Butch_4 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    BECKETT HEAT MANAGER

Think I need some help here. I have a Weil-McClain oil boiler. 2 zones heating. Hot water baseboard. Boiler heats our hot water. Installed the heat manager. Went through the test and everything shows up ok. I have 2 sensors for it. They both showed up fine on startup test. Here's the problem. We have never seen it go into economizing mode with the green light. It's either in the standby mode or the burner enabled mode with the red light check sensor light on at the same time. I have talked to Beckett tech and he said the enabled light and check sensor light on at the same time is normal. It doesn't seem right but what do I know. They had me set the low at 165 and the high at 185. Does anyone have an idea? When I'm saving shouldn't the economizing light come on? Here's a few pictures of what I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

It doesn't look like you have a sensor on the heating supply. I may be wrong but i'm looking at the photo.
    It looks like you have a sensor on the domestic hot and the other on the domestic cold.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Stuart Oglesby_2
    Options
    Could be...

the same installer that put mine in. Had them back three times, on the third time I had to show the tech where the sensors went!
    Also in reply to Butch: I have the same problem with my Heatmanager. Only in "economizing" for about 20 seconds while it circulates before the burner comes on. That's it.
    I tried disconnecting the DHW Sensor, still the same. My rough estimate is that since having it installed our usage actually went up a wee bit, but I'm waiting to get a full
    years info. We had it installed in January of this year.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Butch_4
    Options
    Beckett heat manager

I do have the sensor on the right going to the cold boiler supply and on the left to the hot outflow. I think that is what Beckett called for. I also disconnected the one sensor and turned it on and off. Makes no difference. We have no hot water tank and the boiler provides us with the hot water. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
  • helpingothershelpthemselves_2
    Options
    Beckett Heat Manager

Butch,

You have two sensors connected from the Beckett Heat Manager and strapped onto the piping from the boiler.
    The sensor you have on the cold water supply is not in the correct place. That sensor belongs on the supply side piping for heating. The remaining sensor on the output of the domestic water heating coil is correct.
    Remove the sensor from the cold water supply of the domestic heating coil and strap it to the heating supply piping , and all should work well.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Butch_4
    Options

Hi
    Not to sound stupid but what is the heating supply piping? Is it the cold water pipe coming in that supplys water to the boiler? If you'd like I can take more pictures of this if that will help. Really appreciate the help.
    Thanks, Butch
  • Rich Ferris
    Rich Ferris Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Your missing what they are saying.

The supply they are refering to is the larger pipe coming out of the top of the boiler (just behind the taco mixing valve for the hot water). The return would be the large pipe that is going to the bottom of the boiler (usually in the right lower corner and probably has the circulator on that piping. I hope this helps.

Rich
  • Butch_4
    Options
    beckett

I believe this was the pipe you were talking about. Is it the right one? I put a new picture on this. Hope it works.
    Thanks, Butch
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    I

would move the boiler sensor closer to the boiler and the the DHW sensor as close as possible to the outlet of the coil

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • helpingothershelpthemselves_2
    Options
    Beckett Heat Manager

Butch,
    Yes that is now the correct pipe to put the heating sensor on.
    The closer you can move it to the boiler tapping the better.

Helpingothershelpthemselves

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Butch_4
    Options
    Beckett heat manager

I moved the sensors closer. The red light still comes on every once in awhile but not all the time like before. I have seen the economizing light come on a few times which made me feel good. I have the low limit set at 140 and the high set at 170. Does that sound good to you? Should they be changed for better results. I "Thank You and Everyone" for their time in helping me get this right.
    Thanks, Butch
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Low Temp

Needs to be a minimum of 150°F. Raise it.

Jed
This discussion has been closed.