Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Speakers

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
We tawk just fine up heah.

My Gawd Paul, those are some fine lookin friggin speakahs. You hook em up yet ?

I like a little space behnd my speakahs. Ya know, alittle cabnit. What a ya goona do for the Bass ? MAybe a munchkin cabnit ??

Hey and there is a bunch of verbs and nouns and stuff in this meesage.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Can a Cast Iron pump sound \"Brassy\"?

To date, my favorite Hydronic Speakers have been Siggy, Dan Holohan,John Barba, Brad White (in written form), and Scott Milne when he uses complete sentences with the occasional noun, verb, and adjective.

This is a different kind of hydronic speaker that I built and will have a new home in my office. I took some CI volutes from a Taco 1600 series circulator and...well, take a look.

I can assure you that there is nothing Freudian going on here, but maybe "Hot-Rodian". I am going to trim my crossovers so that they are behind the mid-range in the bowels of the volute. The drain port or pressure gauge tappings were handy for running the wires.

I chose a mid-range and tweeter because these will reside in my office and I'm certain my co-workers wouldn't want thumpin' bass echoing down the hall.

I think some 007 mini-towers will be up on the agenda next. Just keep saving those old pumps I guess.

Paul
  • They look great Paul,

ever thought of going re-retail?, I`d take a few, just email me your catalog!

Dave
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    That is too much.....

Hi Paul! Thanks for the compliment of including me in that Pantheon of hydronic greats. I am not yet worthy (but am a decent public speaker, I admit. :) A work in progress. But thank you...

Those speakers you built must have terrific bass potential, good grounding mass! Wonder what would happen if you decked those out in your Low-Rider? :P

I wonder what John White at Taco would think?

Hot-Rodian, indeed.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    My guess....

Is that they may sound a bit harsh. Maybe some nice diamond plate backings for a little resonance?

Over the top doesn't even BEGIN to explain our obsession....does it? Chris
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    You have WAYYYyyy too much time on your hands...

Reminds me of the time I was working at a local football club owners house. His son was porposing in and out of the water. When asked what he was doing, he said he had the underwater speakers set for a different channel than the above water speakers...

Some peoples kids...

Cool speakers you've got there...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Those look awesome! What were you doing when the idea popped into you head to make them??
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    I was thinking

it would be a waste for these volutes to be recycled into more CI boiler sections. Oh the Humanity!

Paul
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    Great!

You won't have to worry about your dog chewing those speaker enclosures.
    Nice work, my hat is off to you, sir.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    that represents the speakers zero energy ,reclamation point *.

very trendy :) looks like it belongs in this century :)
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    Bose....

..... has nothing on those. Question have you really heard Milne put 2 scentences together with like verbs and stuff? I know he can "Pahk the Ca in a Wihked Awsum spot when lookin fo Lohbsta and Chowda" , but is it a scentence if you can't use the letta R?.

Just kidding Scotty.... couldn't resist.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Responding for Scotty....

Why, I arta warsh yah mawth awt wid soap... Arrrrgh...(do those six R's count?)

Give'em hell Scotty :[)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    You need bass...

I would take 2 small electric WHs, cut open the bottoms and install a down-firing woofer in each one. Place the circulator/speakers on top of each one and you'll be good to rock!
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    So Tim S. asked....

"What were you doing when the idea popped into you head to make them??"

Oh, I was thinking about half a bong's worth. ~:^)>
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.