Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB142 pressure sensor

Brian
Brian Member Posts: 285
What was the pressure reading on the gauge on the manifold?

Good Luck
Dobber

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,799
    pressure cooker

My dreams of thick gravy and stuffing were distracted today when my phone started jingling. The HO mentions they checked out the boiler, it was reading a P13. They informed me they restarted it, but wanted me to check it out. No sweat, i'll even leave my GMC's V8 running as I go tweak the pressure up to 20.

My eyes bugged out of my bony face, the pressure reading was 58 or so. I kneeled down to make sure my ace installers didn't shove a plug in the puker.

I looked again, and the pressure was at zero, boiler off.

is there a way to by=pass the pressure sensor in a time of need? If this is too top secret, please reply with 'check your email', and i'll log in to my office computer and see your reply.

Thanks, gary

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,799
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I don't think you can do that...

unless you can figure out some way to set a resistor that would mock the resistance reading for a given pressure. It's not like the low pressure cut out on some of the other mod cons (OPEN vs. CLOSED). Its a transducer that actually reads the actual pressure. Are you certain you're not looking at BARS of pressure instead of PSI?

If my memory serves me correctly, the GB will put out a nuisance readout if the pressure is too low, but will not go into lockout unless the pressure drops below a certain threshold (10 PSI?)

But then again, it's been a while since I've hand my fingers on one...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.