Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

its Joe Walsh's birthday

Options
I enjoyed Joe so much I tried mutlitracking a song of his called "confessor".
turned out not too bad, so I made a home-made music video of the tune.
for those of you who want to check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwo-pOu40A

Enjoy..
and happy birthday JOE!

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Joe was

wait where are we ? Huh ?? Oh sure ...

One of the real casualties of rock and roll. Great guitar player, but man he and Ozzie would be an interesting conversation to listen to :).

I always liked Rocky Mountain Way.

Scott.

PS: One more month of the Rock and Roll birthdys. Its almost over for those of you who are getting tired.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    Speaking of Joe

check out the new Eagles "Long Road Out of Eden" CD. Great music much like their early stuff.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    jersey Joe Walsh

awesome guitar player who always in lives and plays a little different then the rest clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Mark Hunt_3
    Mark Hunt_3 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    New

as in NEW? New songs?

I will have to check that out.

I worked with a guy a few years ago that would play "Desperado" on the juke box when he had a "few" drinks. He'd sing along and cry like a baby. That's how we knew when he had had enough.

Mark H
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    Buzzzzzzz

The smoker you drink, the player you get.

Baked, but a great guitar player.

Hey Scott, want me to take over for the next year?
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Brush with stardom...

Many years ago in another lifetime I was working at WAAF in Worcester, MA. A short, burned-out looking dude walked into the newsroom and said "hey, man, where's the studio?"

I said "see that door right in front of you that says 'studio'?"

"Oh, thanks, man."

I'm shaking my head at the odd folk who wander into FM radio stations when the station's promotion manager comes running in with a look of panic and screams, "Did Joe Walsh just come in here? He just wandered off and I can't find him!"

Apparently, the burned-out looking dude who couldn't read the writing on the wall was our man Joe.

Life's been good to me so far...

JMB
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Being Old

Saw James Gang, Joe Walsh solo & Eagles, Hotel California tour. The James Gang Live in Concert 1971 CD, rocks with blistering blues number called "You're Gonna Need Me" Plus I enjoy an off center personality...
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Sure Paul

AS I said in the first of the year, my office manager got me a Fender Guitar calander. It has Rock and Roll birthdays and other events. I decided at the begining of the year to post them.

I think some people have grown tired of it but you know, Alot of us love music.

I'll keep it up untill the New Year.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • I've seen him twice...

Once in San Diego at a concert billed as "The Eagles with special guest Joe Walsh" months before Hotel California came out. Nothing but old Eagles and old Joe walsh. Great show, one of the best I've ever seen. Then again with Glenn Frey only in Wallingford CT just a few months before the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. He came out in some funky looking checkered hat that you might see Jimmy Walker wearing and one of those nose and mustache masks. He played almost the whole show like that. Near the end some chick ran up to the stage and offered him a ball cap and he traded it with her for the one he was wearing. At some point he took off the mask too. Another great show. Probably one of my most favorite guitarists, electric anyways.

After frey finished "Smuggler's Blues" Walsh goes, "Now THAT'S a SONG!" and get's down on his knees and does the "we are not worthy" thing. LOL...
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Options
    Thanks for the year

I was surprised at how many of us there are.

I'll do my best to follow in the steps of the great Mr. M and perform the duties of my office to the best of my ability:)
  • John Barba
    Options
    Some Great Walsh licks...

He played on Dan Fogelberg's Souveniers album -- outstanding guitar work on As The Raven Flies...

And he was great as the zoned out guitar player on The Drew Carey Show.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    I didnt know that

was Joe Walsh on "As the Raven Flys." Way Cool. I saw him on the momument Grounds back in 72 I think, with the James Gang. (Seems to me, You dont' want to talk about it, Seems to me...You just turn your pretty head and walk away) I saw him with the Eagles 3 years ago. His fingers flew over the neck of the guitar like a tarantula full of caffiene. Rocky mountain Way is my favorite song of all time. I seem to remember him playing on TV on the "Tom Jones Show." He was playing along with that mouth synthesizer and I thought it was strange. I'll have to check You tube and see if I remember correctly. Thanks for these posts Scott. (I'm not bored at all) WW

• That reminds me,,,

At the Glenn Frye show in CT he didn't have a whole lot of good to say about his association with Fogelberg. There was a bit of onstage inuendo to the effect that Joe don't like Dan very much. I don't know why. He also produced one of Fogelberg's other albums. Either Netherlands or High Country Snows(Which I think is a great album). I've never heard Souvenirs but now I'm interested. On another guitar note. I hear CHARO has just put out an awesome Flamenco CD. Haven't heard it yet. Yea, I liked him on Drew Carey too. Big Joe fan here... ;)

I just did some checking, it was actually Souvenirs that Walsh produced, I don't see him anywhere else after that one, that was 1974. Interesting, I'll have to pick it up
  • John Barba
    Options
    Great soft rock from the 70's...

As The Raven Flies through A Place in The World for a Gambler is a great album side, if we can remember back that far.

Wayne -- I remember the Monument Park show in DC -- I was about 12 and we were visiting my sister at GWU. We drove by and got so see a little of the show. My parents weren't impressed.
  • Bob Harper_2
    Bob Harper_2 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Crossroads

If you have Clapton's first Crossroads Guitar Festival in Texas, Joe plays backup to James Taylor on the first side then he is featured on side 2. I won't spoil it with what he plays but what it starts off with ain't where he goes. Looks cool wearing a black beret backwards homie-style, Hawaiian shirt and pants and huge lime green sneakers. Funny guy. I still play my James Gang LPs.

His rendition of the National Anthem still has them begging for Roseanne... :-)

Bob
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Small world

If they saw me and my group of friends they wouldnt have been impressed. We were into altering our body chemistry back then. I also remember the hippy girls were into not wearing much too. I remember watching some poor fool dancing barefoot on broken beer bottles, oblivious. Now that I think about it. We were idiots. WW

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    This thread made me remember

a story in David Crosby's book, "Long Time Gone" concerning Joe Walsh. David Crosby was out on Joe Walshes new Yacht showing him the ropes, since Crosby was an avid sailor and Joe was a newbie. They went out to watch the Navy doing target practice on an island out in the Pacific ocean. It was at night and the Navy would shoot flares out over a part of the target island and seconds later an artilery shell the size of a car would hit the target and make a big explosion. After a while of watching from the side, a flare suddenly appeared above Joes new Yacht. Joe Walsh jumps up and starts waving his hands frantically and screaming no don't shoot and basically freaks out. The shell never came. Crosby, who had friends at the Navy base had set it up as a practical joke. I woulda killed him. WW

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Options

I heard a story once. A friend of a friend met Joe somewhere, a concert maybe, and asked him about a certain rif or sound in one of his songs. Walsh said "You heard that?". They discussed the item for a bit, then Joe gave him some kind of special pass which was basically a lifetime get back stage pass. Pretty cool.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Options

That was cool terry. Thanks.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Check out the live album on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Concert-James-Gang/dp/B000002R47/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1195651085&sr=1-3

Read the reviews, listen to the samples, this is Joe walsh at his rock-blues best.
  • Big Al
    Big Al Member Posts: 35
    Options

I've always enjoyed Joe Walsh's music, and I play a bit of (really bad) guitar myself. I was never much of a stoner though, even in the bell bottom era. . . . it's too much of a challenge to get through life the way I am.

I recently heard Joe being interviewed on radio about the topic of rehab/recovery from substance abuse. Despite his apparent drug-influenced speech patterns, the guy can be quite articulate. From what I could gather, he's been clean for many years. It's hard to tell how much of his zoned-out persona is an act. It was, like, a totally cool interview, man.
  • Yup,,,

the druggie thing is mostly an act. Kinda like dean Martin and drinkng. He had a rep so he went with it. FYI, The island the Navy was shooting at was probably San Clemente. I spent many a day on a ship circling around and shooting at that very same island. The flares are called "starshells". Wish I was in on the joke though. ;)
  • More correctly,,,

I spent many a day STEAMING around in circles on a ship etc etc. The boys in the boiler room made the steam and I put it to use. ;)
  • Ron Huber_2
    Ron Huber_2 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Aint never been there

They tell me it's nice.
    Spent a night in the "Mansion", in Saxons River Vt. after he sold it to someone my son knows. The house was built by the ceo of GM In the early 1900's(I think thats the co. mentioned) and when the depression hit the guy committed suicide in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Joe spent about three days there, and for the next 16 years only his father used the place in the summer, Joe never came back. The place did feel pretty weird, they say it is haunted.
  • Souvenirs is here!

Listening to it right now,,,awesome! ;)
This discussion has been closed.