Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding a zone

Hello All,

Currently My home has two zones (up and down)the main level has one bedroom and I was wondering if i can isolate that bedroom by adding a zone by adding a control valve and piping? And is there an other things I need to change (bigger circulator etc.)

Thank You for any help.


  • Todd_17
    Todd_17 Member Posts: 31

    how is the boiler zoned? with zone valves or circulators?
    If it is zoned with zone valves, then an additional zone valve and t-stat will be needed, if zoned with a circulator than and addional circulator and relay will be needed.
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184

    I have successfully sub-zoned sections of hot water baseboard in one common zone (piped in series) without the need of additional electronic controls or wiring. Contact www.enerjee.com out of Monee, Illinois.

    They have a 3-way non-electric thermostatic by-pass valve for fin-tube baseboard. Same type of TRV head that we typically see on panel or cast iron rads. You then have the ability to turn that section up or down in temp. The by-pass piping generally is contained inside of the hwbb enclosure.
This discussion has been closed.