Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hanging 5/8 pex al pex

Options
ralman
ralman Member Posts: 231
Somehow I completely missed that important fact. Any idea what I could use that will handle higher temps and hold 5/8 pex al pex?

Comments

• ralman
    ralman Member Posts: 231
    Options
    What hangers work best for 5/8 pex al pex?

Running baseboard to baseboard under floor joists, what hangers work best for 5/8 pex al pex? I did not see 5/8 pick up talons at Sioux Chief website. Their 3/4 pick up talons leave the 5/8 pex al pex loose in the hanger.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    I used the 3/4

Talons (the kind that are both 1/2" and 3/4" combination sizes) without a problem. Good snug fit. The 5/8" Kitec that I used at least, was 0.875" OD, same as 3/4" copper tube.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    the combos...

sort of work but not real well...I wish they would come out w/ 5/8 omega clamps...

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Caution Will Smith...DANGER, DANGER

(said in Robot's voice in Lost in Space...)

The Sioux Chief talon suspension clamps and other offerings are only good to 160 degrees F, and sharp building inspectors know this...

http://www.siouxchief.com/Frm_MS.cfm

ME
  • Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    I use

Sioux Chief Touchdown clamps. They have one that goes up to 1 1/8" OD pipe. They can hold pex, pap, copper, wire, and anything else you can fit in them. They are plastic( no expansion noise) with two zip-tie ends which you can take apart with a small screwdriver. They run about 30 cents apiece, cheap!! It is my all around hanger to keep on the truck. They make the same style for bigger pipe which is nice for a/c linesets also.

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Robot

(Hardly, that, Mark!)

Good to know. Fortunately, I am only running 140F maximum but a fair warning. I did not see that on the package.

Thanks!
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.