Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler problem

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Maybe it is an open system, "raised pressure then dropped off" Is there still water at the bleeder of suspect radiator? How many stories above boiler? Do you have a small round tank at boiler, appx 12-16" diameter either right by boiler side or at ceiling above boiler appx 12" diameter by 3-4ft long? Any water leaks at boiler or out of safety relief? All pertinent questions. Tim

Comments

• janie
    janie Member Posts: 1
    boiler problem

i had radiator which was not bleeding or heating to the top.i looked at the pressure and it was 9. i called a technician and he showed me how to put water into the system. he raised the pressure and the radiator bled and heating well. but now the pressure has gone down to 9 again. last year i had a new "backup flow valve"?put in. sorry, (i'm not sure of the correct name).so that is not the problem.
    i called a helpline and they said i needed a plumber to drain the water tank. can you give me any ideas? thanks,
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    boile questions

ok first a few questions do u have a x-trol 30 exspansion tank or an older type hanging tank the x-trol may have lost some air pressure it should have 12 psi and the feeder or corectly water pressure reducing valve is set for 12 psi also u can add manualy on most and build it up to 20 psi to b sure all air is purged if the feeder is bad then have it replaced better than wondering when it will finally quit see ya royboy
This discussion has been closed.