Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help

Options
ronnie_3
ronnie_3 Member Posts: 4
Any of you guys know how I can loosen a 2" plug which has been attached to a waste pipe for a very long time??
I dont have much room to work in maybe 3".
I have tried Pb blaster to no avail. I try to unloosen it and it does not budge.
Appreciate all help.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    well,

is it brass,iron,lead, wood, copper, or is it plastic pipe?
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    pry it loose

with a cold chisle and get a lead fit all plug to put back.

Sometimes those buggers just won't come out.

I've heated them out but with so little space, I would,nt try it.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ronnie_3
    Options

It is metal male plug.
  • ronnie_3
    Options

I am looking to take out that plug and set up a stack for my washing machine.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Then dont forget its original purpose ...

was a cleanout and allow provision for that when you connect your drain and vent.

in some instances i will heat a wrench put it to the threaded plug let it be for a while, get a hammer and tap the wrench a few good rapps and set up a Rhythm....leave it alone some more and give the wrench a good rapp with a heavy maul to Crack the threads...

if you take a gizmo known as an awl, you can hassle with pin point precision removal of any oxidation around the plug first....add some more wd-40 or liguid fire first,...like Scott said sometine dey just don wanna come out,...so you going to have to"Persuade" them with a sledge hammer or more work.
This discussion has been closed.