Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus (Loss of that warm Fussy Feeling)

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
If he doesn't know, I can see your problem...

I use Viessmann equipment, by the way. Started with Buderus, though.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
    Buderus Issues

Hi there,I do not Know if any of you Wallies have also lost " Comfort" in the Dealiongs with Buderus. :< I Grew up in Germany not that far away from the manufacturing of what we called the" blue ones". We were a Med.Size Company in Bad Homburg with Appox 80 Employees and Blue Jacket boiler was what we Installed. (nice Cast iron Boilers). Nowadays I live up in the Colorado Rockies and Install Mainly Modcon Boiler i.e Viessmann,Triangle T,And Baxi Lunas. A Couple years Ago when Buderus first Interduced the GB series i Installed some (4 and no more). At that time i and Others ask about Which GLYCOL to use and the answer was: Glycol,what do you need Glycol for,in Europa they do not use Glycol. OK Than,end of that. But some time passed and the Anwer was: Use Hercules AL ( Aluminium Safe Glycol)! At that same time I asked about the usage of Rhomar which I had been using thanks to a Dear Friend Mark E:). The Answer was: Not Appoved,Do Not use,Will void Warranty!.So Being a good sport,i did what i was Told to do. Appox. one year later:Hold it, Stop it, Pull it out,(the Glycol that is ) and the Magic Trick at that point was: Flush System With H2o,Install Rhomar 9100,Flush again and install Rhogard @30% Max. Alllrighttythen.!!! Some of my suppliers then supplied me with the 9100. So a couple years pass and ther ya go again someone else installs cryotec into a new system .(NOT approved).!!!. So the Supplier,Which has been very Helpful in this Issue will give me the Rhomar and the 922. 922 i ask. yes thats what you will use to clean the system with, so we were told. So i called buderus on the east coast and talked to a tech.(Name withheld) which instructed me to Flush the system with H2o,Install rhomar922,Drain the System,than install rhogard at 30% Max. so i told him that i had been using rhomar for years and that the 922 is a "treatment" (and also part of the Rhogard)not a "cleaner" and that the 9100 is the "cleaner".He than tells me to do as he says. I then (after been Cornfuzzed) call back and get yet an other tech that first agrees that the 9100 should be used and that he will "Staighten that tech out". I've then asked him about the supplier that is Handing out the 922 as the "cleaner" he then answered: Not our Problem what "THEY" are Handing out or saying.!! Not your Problem i asked ???, your boilers Reputation is at the Question here!. at this point all i got was a grumble,and then he told me that the Rhomar was still undergoing some test in the Lab. and that i should use the Noble Product. I Think that " Buderus" needs to figure this one out. I've jumpped every time they said so ( and asked how high). I will hate to go to Germany in the area in which i grew up in,whent to school in,have fam and friends in, maybe i,m sitting in a "Gasthaus" Drinking a "Bier"talking about what it is i do in the US, and that i no longer install Buderus.Maybe this could have cost him or her a job. not only that, it makes me look bad, when this boiler (which has the "Buderus Name" on it Fails. What do "You" all think about These "Issues"???.
  • Derheatmeister
    Buderus Issues

Hi there,I do not Know if any of you Wallies have also lost " Comfort" in the Dealings with Buderus. :< I Grew up in Germany not that far away from the manufacturing of what we called the" blue ones". We were a Med.Size Company in Bad Homburg with Appox 80 Employees and Blue Jacket boiler was what we Installed. (nice Cast iron Boilers). Nowadays I live up in the Colorado Rockies and Install Mainly Modcon Boiler i.e Viessmann,Triangle T,And Baxi Lunas. A Couple years Ago when Buderus first Interduced the GB series i Installed some (4 and no more). At that time i and Others ask about Which GLYCOL to use and the answer was: Glycol,what do you need Glycol for,in Europa they do not use Glycol. OK Than,end of that. But some time passed and the Anwer was: Use Hercules AL ( Aluminium Safe Glycol)! At that same time I asked about the usage of Rhomar which I had been using thanks to a Dear Friend Mark E:). The Answer was: Not Appoved,Do Not use,Will void Warranty!.So Being a good sport,i did what i was Told to do. Appox. one year later:Hold it, Stop it, Pull it out,(the Glycol that is ) and the Magic Trick at that point was: Flush System With H2o,Install Rhomar 9100,Flush again and install Rhogard @30% Max. Alllrighttythen.!!! Some of my suppliers then supplied me with the 9100. So a couple years pass and ther ya go again someone else installs cryotec into a new system .(NOT approved).!!!. So the Supplier,Which has been very Helpful in this Issue will give me the Rhomar and the 922. 922 i ask. yes thats what you will use to clean the system with, so we were told. So i called buderus on the east coast and talked to a tech.(Name withheld) which instructed me to Flush the system with H2o,Install rhomar922,Drain the System,than install rhogard at 30% Max. so i told him that i had been using rhomar for years and that the 922 is a "treatment" (and also part of the Rhogard)not a "cleaner" and that the 9100 is the "cleaner".He than tells me to do as he says. I then (after been Cornfuzzed) call back and get yet an other tech that first agrees that the 9100 should be used and that he will "Staighten that tech out". I've then asked him about the supplier that is Handing out the 922 as the "cleaner" he then answered: Not our Problem what "THEY" are Handing out or saying.!! Not your Problem i asked ???, your boilers Reputation is at the Question here!. at this point all i got was a grumble,and then he told me that the Rhomar was still undergoing some test in the Lab. and that i should use the Noble Product. I Think that " Buderus" needs to figure this one out. I've jumpped every time they said so ( and asked how high). I will hate to go to Germany in the area in which i grew up in,whent to school in,have fam and friends in, maybe i,m sitting in a "Gasthaus" Drinking a "Bier"talking about what it is i do in the US, and that i no longer install Buderus.Maybe this could have cost him or her a job. not only that, it makes me look bad, when this boiler (which has the "Buderus Name" on it Fails. What do "You" all think about These "Issues"???.
  • Derheatmeister
    Buderus Issues

Hi there,I do not Know if any of you Wallies have also lost " Comfort" in the Dealings with Buderus. :< I Grew up in Germany not that far away from the manufacturing of what we called the" blue ones". We were a Med.Size Company in Bad Homburg with Appox 80 Employees and Blue Jacket boiler was what we Installed. (nice Cast iron Boilers). Nowadays I live up in the Colorado Rockies and Install Mainly Modcon Boiler i.e Viessmann,Triangle T,And Baxi Lunas. A Couple years Ago when Buderus first Interduced the GB series i Installed some (4 and no more). At that time i and Others ask about Which GLYCOL to use and the answer was: Glycol,what do you need Glycol for,in Europa they do not use Glycol. OK Than,end of that. But some time passed and the Anwer was: Use Hercules AL ( Aluminium Safe Glycol)! At that same time I asked about the usage of Rhomar which I had been using thanks to a Dear Friend Mark E:). The Answer was: Not Appoved,Do Not use,Will void Warranty!.So Being a good sport,i did what i was Told to do. Appox. one year later:Hold it, Stop it, Pull it out,(the Glycol that is ) and the Magic Trick at that point was: Flush System With H2o,Install Rhomar 9100,Flush again and install Rhogard @30% Max. Alllrighttythen.!!! Some of my suppliers then supplied me with the 9100. So a couple years pass and ther ya go again someone else installs cryotec into a new system .(NOT approved).!!!. So the Supplier,Which has been very Helpful in this Issue will give me the Rhomar and the 922. 922 i ask. yes thats what you will use to clean the system with, so we were told. So i called buderus on the east coast and talked to a tech.(Name withheld) which instructed me to Flush the system with H2o,Install rhomar922,Drain the System,than install rhogard at 30% Max. so i told him that i had been using rhomar for years and that the 922 is a "treatment" (and also part of the Rhogard)not a "cleaner" and that the 9100 is the "cleaner".He than tells me to do as he says. I then (after been Cornfuzzed) call back and get yet an other tech that first agrees that the 9100 should be used and that he will "Straighten that tech out". I've then asked him about the supplier that is Handing out the 922 as the "cleaner" he then answered: Not our Problem what "THEY" are Handing out or saying.!! Not your Problem i asked ???, your boilers Reputation is at the Question here!. at this point all i got was a grumble,and then he told me that the Rhomar was still undergoing some test in the Lab. and that i should use the Noble Product. I Think that " Buderus" needs to figure this one out. I've jumpped every time they said so ( and asked how high). I will hate to go to Germany in the area in which i grew up in,whent to school in,have fam and friends in, maybe i,m sitting in a "Gasthaus" Drinking a "Bier"talking about what it is i do in the US, and that i no longer install Buderus.Maybe this could have cost him or her a job. not only that, it makes me look bad, when this boiler (which has the "Buderus Name" on it )Fails. What do "You" all think about These "Issues"???.
  • Paul Pollets
    Not Uncommon

Welcome to America!! You'll find that your response is far too common in an industry that doesn't have its screws turned too tight. There are many "shortfalls" of information or simply misinformation.

The lack of technical expertise on behalf of suppliers or wholesalers isn't really Buderus' fault. However, it can be very costly when bad advice is dispensed as gospel. I'd be looking for reimbursement for labor time in your case, or switching wholesalers after talking to the sales manager.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Derheatmeister
    buderus Issues

No,Buderus is the one that is Giving the wrong Advise!!!. I'll be on the raod now to Durango and not Able to check this for about 5 to 6 Hours. Thanks again for all you input.Richard
  • Paul Pollets
    Try...

...voicing your concerns to Lou V., the president of Buderus NA in New Hampshire. He'll return your call, I'm sure.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Derheatmeister
    Buderus (Loss of that warm Fussy Feeling)

Lou was the one that gave me the wrong advice in the 1st Place i.e. Hercules AL Glycol . Why should i call Him.
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Dear Der Heatmeister

If I may, here is a short note on the anti-freeze for the GB142. When we first introduced the GB142 a couple years ago, we where informed that any anti-freeze rated for aluminum block boilers was acceptable. We stated and marketed that. After about 6 to 8 months, we saw some block failures. During our investigation, we also learned from another boiler manufactures that they where experiencing failures as well and the conclusion appears that when some aluminum safe anti-freeze was operated above 180 degrees F, the anti-freeze would be affected and attack the aluminum (On a call for domestic hot water, the GB142 will fire up to 194F). We consulted with Nefit (manufacture of the GB142 in the Netherlands) and Rhomar. Nefit recommends No-Burst AL by Noble in Europe, so Buderus then approve Noble AL and Rhomar's RhoGard anti-freeze for use in the GB142 (Buderus stocks and sells both brands of anti-freeze for distributors who do not have a source for these brands). The Rhomar 922 should be used if a system water Ph is in question or after other anti-freeze was used and flushed out. We tried to notify the distributors, reps and inside personal, but as your post indicates - it didn't work.

I appologize for the confusion and hope that we can work on better communication in the future.

In the past, we have work with reps and technicians on this issue and request you send me the information and I will pass it along. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.