Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

older stadler radiant pex

Options
Looking for help with an existing stadler radiant pex job. The manifold has comp ftgs , the pex tubing is white/opaque in color. It is not std pex size(cts) and does not match the current viega pex. The o.d. is approx 1" and the i.d. is approx 11/16". I have 1 loop in a snowmelt job that has failed and the valves on the manifold will not hold. The stadler comp x 1/2 nom pipe thread is not 1/2" npt. I'm looking for the quickest way to isolate for the long term.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    the size throws me somewhat ,however....

on some of the smaller tubing, i have headers (that i made) that are Uponor

fittings and stadler tubing..these have not been an issue...

however, i have yet to see an amendment (code) that suggests that it can be done or is 'Kosher'. the tubing that does have commingling to my knowledge is Rehau and WWirsbo.

i am not telling you to do this mind you just saying,...you might find that in that size pipe the wirsbo propex fitting and pipe expander might expand the pipe to fit over a non metric fitting and make a reliable connection. in the smaller sizes i have had no problems with any (non Leaking green glycol) the fittings seem to be holding every bit as tightly as the Rehau and Wirsbo to the Wirsbo propex fittings.

once , when i did not have any 'O's' , i cut a piece of the tubing about the size of an O pumped it up...put it to the side expanded the tubing a little bit, slipped the ring /'O over the tubing and pumped them both up slipped it over the propex fitting and it has held many years... i will get back with you next decade... meaning that might work for you for the next 15 20 years , giving you enough time to locate the specific fittings you "need".

Yes. i pressure tested the headers and tested them with ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.