Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring a Noma Thermostat

Options
burnerman_2
burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
if an i asume u r a homeowner this is y the severice companys charge a fee if u wire it up wrong u can burn up a relay check and see some have a jumper wire between the rcand rh c 4 coolin and h 4 heating if that was the case the new one may just have seperate terminals and as said (g fan)( r rh 4 heat)( w to w)( blue to rc 4 cooling )(and y to yellow 4 ac condencer) but be sure u turn off power these r only 24 vop;t but still some new furn have a fuse 4 low voltage then u will have other problems royboy

Comments

• RJ_6
    RJ_6 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I tried to install a programmable thermostat but I forgot to mark the wires when I disconnected the old thermostat. The air conditioner works fine, but the heating doesn't work. Find below the present hook up. Can someone help me out?
    At the furnace I have:
    R- Red wire
    W - nothing is hooked up to this
    C - Black wire
    Y - White and Yellow wire
    G - Green wire

At my thermostat I have:
    G - Green wire
    R - Red wire
    Y - Yellow wire
    W - White wire
    and I have a black wire that is not hooked to anything. I believe the black and white are the power lines.

Can anybody help me out on this one?
    R
  • bruce_21
    bruce_21 Member Posts: 241
    Options

The R is the hot. Y is the cooling condenser. G controls the fan. C is the common and only used at the stat to power it if there are no batteries, so it is OK if there is no C terminal on the stat. Usually W is the heating control. Did you mess with the wires at the furnace at all? I'm surprised that the white wire is not connected to the W terminal there instead of being connected with the yellow at the Y terminal. If you only took off the old stat and didn't touch anything else look for some other device or junction in this wiring to explain why the unit worked before and not now.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Options
    program

What are the setting C1 C2 C3 C4 for
This discussion has been closed.