Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Yearly service

Options
Leo
Leo Member Posts: 770
Sounds like you got a good guy.

Leo

Comments

• tom_11
    tom_11 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    yearly service

I have a weil Mclain 368st oil fired boiler, it was serviced the other day, the tech pulled the burner, changed all filters, new nozzle vacuumed and brushed boiler and flue pipe also lwco and cleaned the pigtail, and flushed the boiler and filled the boiler, and adjusted the burner . Should this be done this complete yearly? Tom Thanks
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    yes

yes..........
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    YES.......:-)

Oil especially can be a funy thing meanning that the problems, due to no maintenance can reak havoc if not done yearly. You made the right choice.

Mike T.
  • Empire_2
    Options
    YES.......:-)

Oil especially can be a funy thing meanning that the problems, due to no maintenance can reak havoc if not done yearly. You made the right choice. One thing I might ad,..is make sure that total combustion test's are done.

Mike T.
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    annual maintenance

Other than I'm not a big fan of draining and refilling the boiler every year, I think your guy did what needed to be done. IF the boiler was equipped with a skim valve when installed, I prefer to skim a boiler rather than drain and flush. I avoid doing that unless the boiler water is really dirty.
  • Empire_2
    Options
    I agree w/ Al

Once every 5 years is fine in my book,,, for Drain and fill. Of coarse mandatory after first start up though...:-)

Mike T.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,761
    Options
    Yearly service

Sounds like he did a good job, also side note. The new condensing boilers must be serviced annualy due to the by products of combustion blocking up the condensate drain etc.
This discussion has been closed.