Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

\" nice\" Job Photos ( s milne )

Jed_2
Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
Great job, Scott. But, it's Viega Fostapex. There ain't no Stadler, or Vanguard, anymore.

And aside from the "Stratos" (which aren't called for here), the big "G's" are perfect here. Not that Wilo wouldn't work as well, but........

Jed

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I WISH I had taken before photos

But I did'nt. This house had an old, beaten up, as Chirs A. and I said " Ridden hard and put away wet ! " Burnham atmospheric gas boiler.

The owner told me her gas bills were " out of control " or " A college intuitions worth ".

After some tough figuring, this is more a small castle than home, I gave her three options. We decided on three GB's due to the venting issiues. We had a heck of a time getting these vents up and out.

Chris Payson, hung the three GB's and then built the manifold near the old boiler location so we did'nt have to relocate all the piping. Some previous work had been done with four zones of radiant installed using " argh " set point controls. We changed those to Taco I-rad valves. The Super-Stor was exsting also. There is one air handler over the garage that was anti-freezed so we installed the flate plate.

This is some Great Work by Chris and our new guy, and Wallie, Dirty Hands Dale.

Great Work Guys.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    Three Amigo's

Here are the three Buderus GB142/60's.

There not quite done yet, we need to the condensate traps and pump installed. We needed to get them up and running for the hot water production.

Chris did some nice vent piping here. Due to the difficult location we are using basement air for combustion. I could'nt see installing these side vented at this home so we worked hard to get them out the roof. Since its so close to the front entrance we had copper vent caps made.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    wow

Simply Incredible!!

btw..if that's his "nice" work, I can't wait to see his awsome work!!!!
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    thats just gorgeous!!!!!!!!

some of the best work i've ever seen! it belongs in a magazine..well done guys!

gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    WOW !

All i can say is wow what a job sweat,scott you have some crew that is some super sweat stuff loved everything i saw ,hung excellent and gotta dig the i series valves and the callifee hydro seprator how about loved eveything awesome awesome stuff i'm extremly jealous ,i would gather from that fine workmanship that another fishing trip is in order for your crew ,again scott extremely great stuff layout is mint no bs cut and clean and neat there's no more that any could ask for on that job ,what brand pex ids that it looks grey to me but i could be colored blind peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • ScottMP
    Thanks Clammy

That is Stadler Fosta-pex tubing.

I am REALLY proud of what the guys did.

BY the way, this is not finished yet. We have some wiring to tighten up and the hot file to be mounted for all the specs to be stored.

Scott

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Great job, Kudos to your guy's.

• Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    That house...

now has a heating system worthy of it. That's SOME place! Great work Scott & team. Put that one in your "job book" that you show to potential customers. Copper vent caps=great attention to detail. I sit here in awe!
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Beatiful, Dude.

I remember years ago there was not that much impressive work shown here, but that has sure changed. I wish every homeowner coud see your work, Scott. I am amazed how the bar continually gets raised. Wonderful work. Kudos to your guys.

heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."

• Sharp as my good chisels!!!

Looks like you had to be quite creative to find runs for the suprisingly unobtrusive venting. Great job!]

I kinda doubt that anyone who could afford to live there would have too much concern for fuel cost, but I bet their bills will at least be at the "small, exclusive dormitory" level...

• More than a nice job

It is damn amazing what your crew accomplished Scott . Did the guys have some sorta blueprint to work from or did they set this up on the go ?

I am in awe and wish I could get my hands on systems like you guys install .
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Beautiful!

Man,
    I miss hydronics, it's lonely on the dark side. You and your guys are masters! Mark, will question you about your pump choice! I have to get back hot water soon...
  • very, very, very

nice work pal. They did you & the company & the rest of the team proud. That's contest-entry stuff worthy of first place.

Sa-weet!
  • ScottMP
    Thanks Ron

We had a basic one line drawing that we did and then some discussions.

I tell the guys what I think should happen, they install how they think it fits best and then we argue about it later :).

We are almost there as far as perfect goes and every job we do we try and get better.

Thanks for all the nice words, the guys really appreciated it.

Scott

PS: I got another to show next week .

This discussion has been closed.