Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Talking to my dog

Options
I talk to my dogs and every dog I meet. Who doesnt?

I have two dogs. One is a fine hunting dog who is gun shy (90 pound lap dog), and the other is a punting dog.

The punting dog is actualy either a cross between a pig and a dog (POG?) or a cross between a french poodle and a pit bull. It just depends upon his whim.

They both "tolerate" me...

ME

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Yep!

I'm one of THOSE people. I walk in my house after work and my big old black half black lab, half who knows what, dog greets me at the door. Do I give a dignified nod and pat on the head? No sir not me. I do the routine he's wanting to hear."Ohmigod look at the big dog. Has this dog been a good boy? Who's the good boy??? Who's the good boy??? This lumbering ox of a dog starts wagging his tail and shuffling his front feet, getting excited and thinking, I don't know. Mayby I been good. I hope I been good. I really want to be good. Oh gosh I hope the good boy is me. Arf! Arf!. It's fun to talk to your dog. The reason I bring this up is because I had occasion the other day to be in a furnace room and hear the Homeowner come in and do the same thing. I must say this. It sounds pretty different when you're not the one doing it. Perhaps even a bit strange. Maybe even a little lame. Will this new perspective stop me from doing it????
    Nah. I know what's expected of me from my dog, and I won't let him down. Arf!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options

I think my talking to my dog seems pretty normal compared to the crazy cat ladies out there. Besides, with a face like this dog, how could you not talk to him?
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options
    When I read this topic......

.....I automatically assumed it was going to be a post by Weezbo.......
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    some times

Some times the dogs are better then the custermers as for there attitude ,but a long hey puppy always puts a dog at ease has always worked for me never bitten or attachec peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    my buddy died last year John...

my kitty cat person the summer prior. my Favorite niece Jessica, the year earlier. I love the human beings and small four footed creatures that God allowed me to burn some daylight with, it is what gives some grace to the place.

on a lighter note I have a new pet, its an Alaskan Field mouse:) he is a tricky little critter :) he peeks out from over by the baseboard dashes over to the desk by the kitchen ...:) with his pitter patter of pinner fingers God gave him to get about with ...i can almost See his little fingers as he speeds across the linoleum ..I love the little bugger..:) when i look at him ..he freezes in his tracks and pretends to be invisible :) i guess i talk to him too, .. Hey! Where do you think your going Buddy? What are you doing over there ? Quiet down...he likes to shuffle papers about.

this made me contemplate our government ...Mice , a friend once told me love to multiply... so, then i got to thinking maybe i could hire one of these guys on to help me with billing ... Cheap...then i thought, what if we had mice running the government accounting offices ?. Headlines just in,...

"Mouse traps and tools or devises in the manufacture and sales of said will heretofore be a criminal offence..and as such must be destroyed"

Due to an unexpected shortage of domestic cheese supply, foreign production and refinement may have to encouraged during this coming fiscal year.

....This just In, the senate and house voted overwhelmingly today to lift the trade ceilings on imported cheeses....

currently , i am listening to the television program in the background ..and Alfred the Asparagus is off on his motor cycle to save the world ..

*~/:)
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Talking dogs

Had my buddy, Bogey, for 9 years. He went with me to work every single day of his life. Half black lab, half Akita, 100% chicken. All the supply stores had bisquits in the salesmen's desks for him. He would go into the bank with me and WAIT IN LINE...when it was his turn, he would go and jump up with his front paws on the teller desk and the tellers would slip him treats under the bullet proof glass. He was my constant companion and I found myself talking to him, picking on him, scrubbing his noggin, shoving on him the whole day as we rode around together. I SWEAR the KNOW exactly what you are saying. He got sick this summer and I had to show him the last act of love and have him put down to remove his pain. It was almost the hardest thing I have ever done. Talk about a 45 year old man crying like a baby. I am getting teary just writing this. There is a place in your heart that God reserves for a good animal, and nothing else can touch that one special spot. I am thankful I had the priviledge of being "His people" (as I think he thought of me), for 9 good years. So Wayne, carry on my man, carry on.

Equally goofy for dogs,
    Rocky
  • Eric_8
    Eric_8 Member Posts: 66
    Options

Yeah, another dog goof all here.

Got a dog that just HAS to inspect everything I do. Working on my workbench he will find his way up there so whenever I change something or another he can walk over and closely inspect it.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Happy to Be Your Dog, Wayne

Wayne- Thank you for allowing me to be your dog. Yes, I was a good boy! Was a good boy! I was thrilled when you put in that WAGS valve on your last water heater. Made my day and made my tail go side to side (sorry about the vase.... my bad...)

Thanks for the woof-recognition software and translator.

Just walk me, rub my belly (does it get any better than that?) and take me to the vet to get tutored. I am all yours.

Your loving dog.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Awww,,,

How sweet!
  • Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Options
    Happy Easter!

I know it's not Easter yet, but you leave me no choice but to post this one.

"Hey, has anyone seen Fluffy?"

Regards,

PR
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Wayne,...

Please tell me that you didn't lick your customer???????

Mike T.
  • Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    They always listen...

and never talk back! That's what hounds are for, besides leaving muddy footprints, tons of fur and sleeping on the "good" couch!
  • EJW_3
    EJW_3 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Ears

I dont think those came off a rabbitt. Look like deer to me.

EJW
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,198
    Options
    \"I've always had more dogs than bones\"

(Tom Petty)

We have the same type of black pound puppy dog. And yes I do the same ritual.

A week or so ago I had my sister on the Apple i-chat screen. Her bassetts starting barking in the background and all our dogs started barking back. Isn't technology amazing these days, dogs barking over the internet :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.