Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless boiler and Contender indirect

Options
Ross_7
Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
Nice piece of "W", Ron! Man, I've got to hand it to you guys, wrestling those heavy **** oil boilers down those creaky staircases,& super tight spots. If I was there, I'd hope that the homeowners weren't there, because I'd be cursing like a sailor! :-) Keep up the good work!
Ross

Comments

• This install was in Old Brookville , NY

Beautiful area bordering CW Post campus .

Another closet job . 2 big ol' cast iron boilers that had 5 zones of heat between 'em . There was a 4 year old oil fired heater connected also , but nowhere near the capacity needed for the new owners .

The 2nd pic is the stiarcase . It don't matter the neighborhood or the size of the home ....... access to the basement is always an afterthought . This particular house we had to walk through a garage , up some stairs , through the kitchen , through a narrow hallway to these stairs . And the best part - the contractors were busy spakling and moulding that hallway our first day , and they decided to paint our 2nd day . Big rush so the new homeowners could move in today . I always heard the color of soot goes good with muave .
  • Peerless EC 05 and I think 80 gallon Contender

Alls I know is the heater was a big sucka .

2 days total for this job , we had to work around the first boiler because it had asbestos . We wound up using 2 #30 expansion tanks for the huge volume of water in the system . The boiler ran pretty quiet , even with the notoriously loud F15 firing into it .
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Ya know

Everytime I think I'm catching up with you guy's on the neat and clean look you come up with one better. Incredible work per the norm. I still can't fathom doing 4 or 5 of these a week. My back cry's over the thought of it... Keep up the good work!!
  • Hey Ross

How's it going ? We cheated and split the new boiler into 3 pieces . Me and my old partner Chrispy Chicken humped down a 5 section once ...... and never again . Cursing is all out of my system , most of our jobs have some sorta quirk to em . Like the turn on the stairs or the 200 foot trek across soggy grass . You learn to weep internally after a fashion .

Thanks Ross .
  • Taking a toll

I worked all last week with a sore back . Seems like it takes longer and longer to heal . Put me to that millionaire test and I'd retire in a hot second . Well , semi - retirement . I get bored easy .

But these boiler are just getting heavier and heavier . I'm 38 and been installing for 21 years . I'll be shocked if my body doesn't quit on me before I'm 60 . It is nice to see the finished product running smooth , even if the homeowners are underwhelmed about what you accomplished .

Thanks lchmb .
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    Last Tank

The last real son of a b**ch I did was an WGO-5. It was new construction, but what a chunk o'iron. As far as a retrofit goes the last one I hauled out was an HE-6, with help of course. I hear you though, starting to feel it more & more. Did you say Chrispy Chicken?
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    outstanding man

Excellent stuff Ron ,neat clean and straight as always and in great time ,that old arco musta been a pain ,been about 1 year since i yanker one of those out i ain't missing it neither ,quite a clean neat and compact install as always a job very few could do and the fact you do alot of them only greatens the feat,thanks for posting ron i always enjoy your installs peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.