Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Constantly adding water to boiler?!

Options
I have a boiler in my home that worked fine until we converted the unused residential hot water portion into a seperate zone for my updated kitchen. Everything works great except for now I am filling the boiler during heating season every two days!! It never had this problem before. Te entire house is steam radiators and the new kitchen is a kickspace running off res. hot water section on a closed loop. I see NO leaks anywhere. Could the new coil in the boiler have a leak? I am debating an autofill but I feel all this fresh water is going to shorten the life of my boiler. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Bruce Stevens
    Bruce Stevens Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Do you have

any buried returns that would be my first guess if no signs of leakage above ground. Even if the coil was leaking it would loose water to the boiler, and you would loose heat in that zone. My next step would be to fill boiler to the top and wait for water to show up on the floor meaning it has rotted out somewhere. do you get white smoke out of the chimney when steaming another sign of rotted boiler
This discussion has been closed.