Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Suggestion for Taco

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
how about i series valves with unions that way all those manual mixing valves could be replaced very easy ,i had attended a taco semir and was told they would be avaible in a few months that was like 6 or 8 months ago so what's up ?it had sounded like a great idea and possiblemove more of those i series valves out to the field instead of sitting on the shelves of supply houses peace and ood luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Put

a sticker in the box with the new spring checks so future techs know it's installed

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

May I also suggest that the junction box area in the 4-zn controller be larger? It is impossible to bring in 4 MC cables, a MC cable for power, and the t-stat wires and have it look good. Looks like a bird's nest. There's only an inch or so from the bottom of the controller to the board.

Thanks, Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Doug Bird
    Doug Bird Member Posts: 22
    Options

Hi Robert, we put a blue 1-1/4" dia. Integral Flow Check "IFC" label on every 00 circ with internal check. It's stuck on the back of the motor can or the side of the electrical box, depending on which model it is. If the tech decides to take out the removeable check, he can peel off the label. Did you have another idea in mind we might try?

• Doug Bird
    Options

Hi Robert, we put a blue 1-1/4" dia. Integral Flow Check "IFC" label on every 00 circ with internal check. It's stuck on the back of the motor can or the side of the electrical box, depending on which model it is. If the tech decides to take out the removeable check, he can peel off the label. Did you have another idea in mind we might try?
  • Doug Bird
    Options

Hi Robert, we currently place a blue "IFC" Integral Flow Check sticker on all 00-IFC circs? It's located on the back of the motor housing or side of the electrical box, depending on model. We also stick an bright yellow "Integral Flow Check" label on the bar code on the outside of the carton. The UL label also shows "IFC " as a suffix in the model #. Did you have another idea we could try?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I

got some checks in a small brown box at a trade show.The box says 0010-025RP. I was under the impression these were for field installation in newer 00 series circs. I meant to put a label in the small box for application to the circ so everyone would know the check had been installed.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Darrell
    Darrell Member Posts: 303
    Options
    RMB

How about the boiler side ports on the Radiant Mixing Block being aligned such that a pair of butted tees would line up in both planes without having to make swing joints? Right now they are too close for butted tees, and they are in different planes arranged so that the primary loop passing by cannot simply tee into them. Rolling a 1X3/4 tee out with a street 45 is too much...the only way to hit them both is with at least one swing joint...ugly! But even so...they sure make an easy install!

• Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    RMB's and Wirsbo manifolds

If I'm not mistaken, the Tru-Flow manifolds line up exactly with the system side ports on the RMB. Makes a sweet install directly to the manifolds.
    Rocky
  • Just some small suggestions

They recently went to a coarser thread screw to hold the 00 series wiring cover on . I'd like to see them go to the finer thread again , and maybe make the screw a little wider - trying to find it on the floor in speedy dry is kinda tough .

And they need to strengthen the plastic retaining washer that holds the nut on for the LWCO cover . It falls off , everytime .

Otherwise , the 6 or 7 Taco products we use on each and every boiler install work flawlessly .
  • Jeff Elston
    Jeff Elston Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Electrical connections

I have a special 11/32 nut driver with 10 year old cardboard stuffed into it, just for doing the electrical connects on the 1600 series.

The task of making those connects has always been a problem.

This discussion has been closed.