Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LAARS Mascot 330 Combi Heater

Options
I have installed close to 50 Baxi units wich I understaand are the identical unit with a different name on it. They work really well! I'm convinced it's one of the better mod-cons on the market. Conversion is realitivly simple.

Comments

• Dorsey Davis
    Dorsey Davis Member Posts: 14
    Options
    LAARS Mascot 330 Combi Heater

Does anybody out there have experience installing a LAARS Mascot heater? Looks real slick and the main question I have concerns the LP gas conversion. I'm about to jump into it and if anyone has a moment I'd appreciate a tip...Thanks, D
  • Joannie_14
    Joannie_14 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Laars Mascot

I know some folks here have used them, and I'll let them tell you what they think.

I just wanted you to know that you can call 603-335-6300 from 8-5 eastern if you have questions about the product. Ask for Applications Engineering and you'll get Paul, Bill or me.

If you have specific questions, you can post here, too. We try to help when we can with posts on the Wall.

Joannie

Laars Heating Systems
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Conversion is easy

Turn "V" screw 3-1/2 turns clockwise and it is set to LP. The job is not done though, final adjustment is made with combustion analyzer. Did you purchase the QAA73 with it ? You will need it to set a couple of parameters for propane, fan speed and mixtire ratio. They are in fact sold to LAARS by Baxi.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,200
    Options
    A fine piece

of equipment.

i installed that unit in my inlaws place. i was concerned about the ability to produce enough DHW. It has never been a problem even with two DHW faucets running together.

Very easy to install with that bracket and manifold assembly. quiet running, also.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    Baxi

I have one in my garage/apartment. 2 zones of radiant. Works well, I did make a few mistakes on the install but since coreccted them. The DHW combi really gives plenty of hot H2O. The renters have never complained. 1 guy however did change the shower head.why????? the flow rate was so little the baxi never fired. I put the other head on and it was fine.
This discussion has been closed.