Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

eco thermocouple

something <A HREF="http://customer.honeywell.com/honeywell/ProductInfo.aspx/392451-1"> like this </A> perhaps?<BR><BR>Dave


  • Helgy_3
    Helgy_3 Member Posts: 40
    ECO thermocouple

    Does anyone happen to know the part number for eco thermocoulpe. I'm talking about the thermocouples that had the eco built about halfway down the the thermocouple line. Or possible the part number to the ECO adaptor that would screw into the gas valve first. Then the thermocouple would screw in after. Any info would be a great help.

    Thanks, Helgy
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    I have been

    using the honeywell adapter that Dave gives in the link as the thermocouple you are looking for I cannot find. I have been looking for about 3 years. Local Honeywell rep says they no longer make them.

  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Johnstone Supply. stilll

    shows a RobertShaw version in their most recent catalog.

    hot rod

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,229
    Just asking...

    ... what are you using that for?

    Does the parallel circuit (across the two stake-ons) close when the thermocouple is energized?

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    It usually

    Coonects to a normally closed limit switch, that when aactivated, opens the thermocouple circuit and drops out the pilot immediately.

    Because it is a <30 millivolt circuit, I usually have to waste a LOT of time (IMO) testing all the voltage drops to make sure that it is the t-couple. This is usually a big pain especially in fireplace units that employ them. (and there are a lot that do..unfortunately they are not designed to be service friendly...

  • Helgy_3
    Helgy_3 Member Posts: 40

    I have to check Johnstone. Thanks for the info. Say Mitch move the eco to the millivolt side of the electrical system on the fireplaces, or go with Heat and Glows answer and that in a grounding high limit on the millivolt side uses no millivolts from the system unless it trips. Works great.

  • Try Johnson Controls

    Part number K16FA for a junction block thermocouple. The old Honeywell Q356A-1005 may not still be in production.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    I like the

    Heat Glo units for that, but CFM / Majestic was the big dog in foreplace sales here innew home construction..and they are EVERYWHERE...

    Other than that ECO they are ok..I have seen a LOT worse
  • Scott Stafki
    Scott Stafki Member Posts: 7
    Thermo-couple juction adapter

    Hello Helgy,Tjernlund Products offers a Thermo-couple juction adapter part # 950-0470. This can be ordered at any Johnstone Supply location. I'll be happy to assist you if you have any questions.


    Tjernlund Products
    Technical Support
    1-800-255-4208 x 142
    Scott Stafki
This discussion has been closed.