Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thermostat problems

Options
zeke
zeke Member Posts: 223
If it works on jumping I doubt that it should be a problem when wired properly, since it worke allowing the 31 volts to the relay. Make sure of your wiring.

Comments

• Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248
    Options
    honeywell t87f

I am having a problem with one of the new honeywell t87 thermostats with no mercury. If I jump out the thermostat the heat comes on. But when the thermostat is connected it doesn't work. I tried 3 different thermostats. I called honeywell and they said the problem is that I have 31 volts going to the thermostat and the max is 30. I also tried another honeywell programable and it didn't work either. does anyone know who makes a thermostat that will work off of 31 volts? I would rather not change the transformer on the boiler because the wiring is a complete mess and it is a callback even thogh it has nothing to do with anything I did. Thanks.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Options
    voltage drop

Perhaps adding a resistor say 50 - 100 ohms in series into the line coming to the thermostat. Best of my knowledge, that should make a voltage drop sufficient so your thermostat will work.
This discussion has been closed.