Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

peerless steam drop header (clammy)

Options
btc
btc Member Posts: 43
That is a nice looking job--I see it was a Peerless 63-04, what was the connected load for this size boiler? Thanks for the pictures!

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,112
    Options
    drop header peerless steamer clammy

Started this one on monday and dropped the dry returns to give them some head room and got rid of the bullhed tee with a single 2 feed it and removed all the goodies ,got her fired up today and gave her a good skimming ,tommorow insulate it and change all the old rad vents and i believe the HO are good to go ,The boiler it replaced was a old utice probalby the second boiler for this home the first was definetly a mae west her foot print is still on the cement as a shadow . They also have some beautiful oranate rads i'll have to get a couple of pics of them sweet ole beauties ,may seem like 4 days is pretty slow going but it was solo and a buddy helped me replace the water heater and while i was there and the chimmey breaching needed some attention also but then again maybe i'm getting old like those rads Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    When one looks up \"dropped steam header\"

in the dictionary, those are the pictures I would expect, Clammy.

Beautiful work, inspiring in it's simplicity.
    Thanks for sharing!
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Daniel_15
    Daniel_15 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Some pretty fat supplies there. I like the job . .very clean, very mean.
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    now thats a fine looking job!

very very nice install Clammy..it doesn't get any finer than that..a work of art can't be rushed..

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Bruce Stevens
    Bruce Stevens Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Nothing like participating in

extreme sports, great work keep em coming.
  • clammy
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for the very kind words ,today will be some insulation and vent changing and cycle her through the paces and get her balanced out to ensure she a quite little girl but on yesterday start up after she started to producing steam it was only a few minutes before the end of the mains where hot and even from a cold start i had one small expansion noise hardly noticable ,thanks again for your very kind words i'll post some pics of the rads and theheader dressed up and ready for the prom peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    Beautiful Clammy

I have a Burnham Independance to install on monday. I will do my best to match your level of excellence! Great job Clammy!!!!

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • clammy
    Options
    got her clothes on

here she is all finished up and insulated and a pic or two of the rads peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • clammy
    Options
    Thanks Mr.Cook

Thanks darin i know that you'll do better your work is always top notch thanks for the kind words ,How is all going for you without mr Hunt and flying solo i hope that with your talent that your busy ?yes good peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Like Brad said

This system should go in the dictionary , or in a Peerless catalog . Looks like 3 inch directly out of the boiler . Did you hide some couplings under the jacket ? Very nice touch .

For anyone who hasn't worked steam ...... dropping and teeing in 2 boiler risers , connecting both of them to 2 separate steam mains while positioning the boiler square and level , while keeping the pipes square and level - is a very hard thing to do . And to do it all by yourself is an amazing feat .

You're an inspiration Clammy .
  • clammy
    Options
    Big thanks buddy

Big thanks Ron coming from you it is a compleamant of the the highest order my friend truely flattering at the least .I have been wondering wear you have been i would gather there is no rest for you ,still waiting to hook up and sit back and damage some bottles through dehyrdration ,thanks agin peace and as always good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Drop header

Great looking job Clammy, Tim
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Hey Clammy

Start to finish you did a simply incredible job!! Thanks for sharing the pic's with us. It's a pleasure to see!!
  • Steve_154
    Steve_154 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Great looking job Clammy. Like how the Hartford is on the sight glass side! For some reason we never do that but I think we will start. Just seems like it would be much easier measuring over the water line.
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Clammy

Clammy that is surely some exceptional work. Very nice. It is a pleasure to look at.

I work on ill begotten, ill conceived, horrible looking poorly installed crap all day long. I wouldn't know what to do if I saw a job that looked this good. I would probably take a picture and post it here on the wall. Thanks, it was an ugly Monday.
This discussion has been closed.