Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1921 estimate for heating

Options
A friend had found this estimate in the eveas of his attics home and also found a bunch of old plumbing catalogs Nason and a few other they where awesome but i had to at least post this estimate for materal from 1921 there 30 raditors and air vents on the ticket and he was given a choice between a 1475edr burnham for 384 bucks or a smaller ideal 6 section 1350 edr for a wooping 386.25 .Image that edr of all the rads where717.5 edr and all that stuff for 912bucks ,i don't think you could even buy 1/4 of the rads for that price ,hope all enjoy peace and good luck clammy

Comments

• Wow

That`s awesome clammy, at a scrap iron dealer here that price may get a guy three rads.
    You say he found catalogs too?, perhaps there may be something Dan would be interested-in.
    I`m still looking for those "long-lost" rolls of cash!

Dave
  • Tom Hopkins
    Tom Hopkins Member Posts: 554
    Options
    I tried

I tried to pry them from his hands except he a true collector of stuff basically everything and rarely lets anything go ,he did how ever let me brose through the catalogs they where totally amazing they contained eveything from complete bathroom layouts with pricing to ideal ,mills and a few others boilers also with pricing really blew my mind a 3540 edr steam boiler for like 550 bucks with your choice of stoker set up for hard or soft coal also some amazing water heatres that where shown to be installed in the bathroon with hot water taps off the heater right to the sink and tub amazing stuff maybe i can get him drunk and take advantage of his books peace and good luck clammy
  • Tom Hopkins
    Tom Hopkins Member Posts: 554
    Options
    I

wonder if he went for the Burnham or the Ideal? Or just said forget it and got that hot new Model T for the driveway!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    *~/:)

No sacrifice too great for education :)

that is way cool :)
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Mike Reavis_2
    Mike Reavis_2 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Where is the line for sales tax?

What, no sales tax?
  • Big Ed_3
    Big Ed_3 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Cash

.....it was a cash job :)
This discussion has been closed.