Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How many Thermostats per Outdoor Sensor

Hi Carol!

I wonder if multiple Robert Shaw / Lennox signaturestats can be attached in parallel to one external temperature sensor? I'd prefer to keep the wiring to the minimum, if possible.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hi \"C\"...

What exactly are you thinking of doing? How many stats and do you have, the Mod #'s, etc... If I read you correctly you want 1 sensor to operate off 1 or more stat's depending on which calls. What about averaging sensors and a different type stat?

Mike T
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Several zones...

Hi Mike,

It's a pretty simple multi-zone Lennox system I have here. The Signaturestats that I have been retrofitting to give me better dehumidification control also allow a external temp sensor to be hooked up to allow the signaturestats to show the external temperature (and/or use precision modes).

However, it is unclear whether the singaturestats can share one external temp sensor, like Tekmar controls can, or whether they each need a twisted wire pair going to an external sensor. I
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Maybe you could ask Lennox? Sometimes the territory managers (TMs) are pretty sharp.
This discussion has been closed.