Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Copper reflector plates

Options
Does anyone have a source for copper reflector plates? I am doing snow/ice melt on the valleys and gutters of an all copper roof (6000+ sq ft.) I can't use aluminum, they will react negatively with the copper.

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Don,

Where are you located?

I've got a couple of good sources that work copper for us in many ways, but they are all in eastern Ma. Chris
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    trywww.thermafin.com

A Florida company that build solar panel absorber plates. They sold me a bunch of 8 foot uncoated, un-crimped bare copper plate/tube lengths.
    They build an assortment of tube sizes and lengths. I know guys that build their own custom sized solar collectors with their components.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks!

I appreciate the input from both of you. Here in NE Ohio, there is very little call for copper anything, let alone heat transfer plates. I found a local shop that could cut the sheets to size, and an apprentice in my shop routed out a 2 x 10 to make a jig for the grooves. He used a piece of 3/8" iron pipe to form the grooves in the copper by pounding the pipe over the routed area with a rubber mallet. Smart kid, I might keep him for a while! Thanks again for your replies.
    Don
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    necessity....

Is the Mother of Invention....sounds like you've got a sharp kid there. Hold on to him and be sure to make it known that HE came up with the idea. Chris
This discussion has been closed.