Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please Pause

Options
Rich Kontny_4
Rich Kontny_4 Member Posts: 73
Friends of ours, the Ken Zindars family lost their 21 years old son Tuesday.He was in the Marines on his second tour of duty in Ramadi, Iraq.

Matt was the victim of a roadside explosive device. We are deeply troubled by this loss. We truly do not know how to console Ken and Lynn, they are devastated.

Ken is our insurance agent and was not to keen about his son joining the Marines. Since our son was in the Marines when Matt enlisted we reassured Ken about getting through the worries and concerns. Ken had a gut feeling that his son was like a lamb going to slaughter.

Now we are having a tough time with their loss. Please pause and pray for the brave men and women who put themselves in harm's way.Freedom truly is not free.

Peace !

Rich Kontny

Comments

• Mark Hunt_2
    Mark Hunt_2 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I have no words

that can ease the pain of this loss.

My heart goes out to the family.

God bless and protect our soldiers.

Peace to you Rich.

Mark H
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    At a loss for words

myself. A very tough situation.

A heart felt thank you to all who have given their lives for freedom.

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    I am....

so very sorry.

The Attorney who handled the closing on both of my homes lost his son there recently.

They are my (our) heroes.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Please

Pass along my sincerest condolences.....

Semper Fi
  • Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    A sad day..

I know it's not much comfort, but he has joined a company of heroes that started with the American Revolution. God rest his soul.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Sorry Rich

this is a tough one to swallow. I'll be thinking of you and the family.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rich Kontny_4
    Rich Kontny_4 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks Guys

When you have loved ones in the military you kind of put this sort of thing out of your mind. We just hoped and prayed when Justin was over there and continue to pray for all the troops who are America's real heroes.

They showed Ken and Lynn on the news Wednesday nite and I could barely watch. Ken was obviously a wreck and did his best to keep his composure. We are waiting for word about the funeral but there is always a time delay due to distances etc.

Brave young men and women who give the ultimate sacrifice in order to preserve the freedoms so many take for granted. I cringe every day when I pick up the paper and read about the fatalities. This does not take into account the loved ones left behind, they too have sacrificed.

We must also remember the countless servicemen and women who have been injured, their lives will never be the same.

Sorry if I am starting to ramble, I am shaking as I write this.

Thanks and let us not forget that we cannot repay the debts we owe these brave men and women, who serve,have served and will serve.

May God speed their save return. Each and every one of them. May God comfort those left in despair.

Rich
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Options
    Rich

I used to think IED's were something men didn't talk about. It hits closer to home every day, doesn't it? I share yours and and the family's pain. Be strong for your friend and his family.

You'll all be remembered in my prayers tonight.

Tom Goebig
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    Rich, be there for them

Rich,

In 1968 a boy four years older than me was brought home from the Marines and laid to rest. His father was Scout Master and just a real nice man. There is a park in view of my house dedicated to this young Marine and just before Memorial Day each year his father plants flowers at the monument. This man is now in his middle 80's but you know the hole in his heart has never healed. When I came home from the Marines many years ago he was after me to join the American Legion which he has been active in over the years the post is named after his son. Long story short, be there for your friend. Time will ease the pain but not heal the scar.

As small as it may seem now the boy is one of the many heroes we don't hear enough about.

Leo
This discussion has been closed.