Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tankless heater

don_185
don_185 Member Posts: 312
Anyone have a piping diagram of how they would tie in a electric waterheater with a tankless coil on a oil boiler.

They want to use the electric in the summer and during winter when using the boiler they/we want to heat the domestic with tankless.

I usually just valve and tee then and do a switch over.

I know I could do better with a circ on the tankless side
and use the electric as a storage in winter.Thus keeping out the elements.

Then i would assume i would have to change the tripe aquastat and go with a high limit and turn it into a cold start.Not sure i really want or they could afford to go that route.

I met a guy from germany today.I get a call that the boiler is not working properly.After cleaning and setting the boiler up with the combustion efficency tester I assume I impressed him.

He ask me to go over some of the reason why he was not getting heat in some area of the home and about pumping away,good air scubber and why he could use a different cir and why he needs a pressure bypass valve.

As I spoke with him I herd Dan in my head saying watch out for those guy from germany they will take you to school.

Well after explaining what needs to be done he asked for me to bring him a proposal.

Dan..I'm going to show him we too in the usa has some skill too.

Lets just say I had a feelin I was being tested.He better watch out..I carry the knowledge of the wall in my back pocket.

Usa,Usa.

Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.