Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Danfoss, Caleffi or even WM?

Josh_10
Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
It's an uphill battle Dave. I have a hard time too. It's the guys who spend big bucks that drive the suppliers stock. Not the guys who want to keep up with technology.

Comments

• Are we not supposed to know about these products?

Being in Canada, I thought we could be all kept up to date, but I find it extremely difficult to find common products at my reg. wholesalers, the "Wall" is great, but if new products are not available to us, what are we to do?

Dave
  • Allan Black
    Allan Black Member Posts: 5
    technical info

Dave,

I received a copy of your inquiry regarding distributors/wholesalers in Canada from Mark. I'm not sure of your location, but if you enter the link below, then goto "where to buy", you'll find a wholesaler near you. Since wholesalers stock what they normally sell everyday, we can still make sure you get what you're looking for in a timely fashion. Remember too, that probably less than 1 in 12 wholesaler branches across Canada will have trained heating personnel. Even fewer are control experts. They rely on a technical resource person back at a "hub" location, within any particular region. If he doesn't have the answer, we reps or manufacturer's get the call.

On my site, there are many idea spawning Venues you can browse. Every so often, they are updated, "so bookmark me". Under Resources, you'll find links to the manufacturers I represent, so there is no shortage to technical data here. There is even a link back to "the wall" under "heating help" and a link to my friend John Siegenthaler's site, "Hydronic Pros".

goto: www.comfortcontrolsolutions.com

Regards: Al
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    All wholesalers will be gald to sell and supply

but, in my area at least, they are not that up to speed on the current hydronic offerings. Granted it is a small market, but it could/ should be a profitable one. Same with solar thermal.

Sharp wholesalers send their staff to events like the recent Foothills Conference in Alberta to learn and see the latest and greatest. A few savy wholesalers had booths at that event.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Allan Black
    live link to Control Solutions Site

This url will take you directly to the site
    http://comfortcontrolsolutions.com
  • Thanks Al,

that`s a great site you have there! Much better than stumbling-around Caleffe`s own. I WILL be in touch as you are right-on regarding wholesaler-product issues in my area!

Dave
  • Allan Black
    Appreciate your reply

My site has only been on line since July 8/07. I'm amazed at the traffic it gets. It's still evolving. I'm going to make more navigation improvements so people can get through it even faster. After a whole lot of years in this business (Honeywell 32, Invensys/Erie 5) there still isn't a day goes by that I don't learn something new from many fine people across the US and Canada. It's a great experience.

In the venues section I'm trying to use a simple approach that will lead to the more complex things, for which there are reams of data and sharp people available. And, many "hands on" experienced people such as yourself, can teach us all a few new things as well. Thanks again for your reply, Dave. I look forward to helping out and working with you.

Best regards: Al
This discussion has been closed.