Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Scale dissolver

for any miscellaneous metals not specifically tested with the product. I have seen the term used for cast zinc, sintered metal (think metal powder compressed into final shape), the ubiquitous "white metal", pewters and Chinese Mystery Metal...

Language like that will get you out of Warrantyville on the fast train.
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad


  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Scale dissolver

    While using a scale dissolver today on a water cooled condensor on an ice machine, I read the instructions(NO WISE CRACKS NOW!!) and part of what it stated was " not to be used on aluminum,die cast pot metals or galvanized" .What products in the HVACR field fall into the "die cast pot metal" catagory ? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!