Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Possible Newbie A/C Man.....Boilerpro

Options
Boiler Pro ,the biggest thing with the high velocity sysytems is diffuser placement ,proper gauge main trunk line,proper sealing of ells,pipe seams and joints with a good mastic tape ,hard cast tape is good ,basically follows the manafacutes directions and usually there's no promblems unicos guide lines and instruction manual is a good place to start ,as for zoneing a/c in my eyes unless your using hi end products like 2 stage cooling i feel there a waste i have seen way more promblems with zones air ststeyms than i care to remenber espically with a/c .I personally stick to proper sizing the system and using seperate returns over one large return and on convention systems sizing your ducts for a little lower fps and use a little large suply grills quites the system down vastly ,in my area i see alot of 8x 8 with 8 hooked up to them quite noisey ,drop me a e mail if i can be of help peace and good luck clammy RDEUZA@aol.com
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Boilerpro_5
    Boilerpro_5 Member Posts: 407
    Options
    Recommendation for High Velocity Systems

Looking at getting into the high efficiency A/C market and for me this would mean Ductless A/C and High velocity systems. I have a number of structures where I recommended the Ductless systems, and everyone is very pleased with the installations (currently completed by other contractors)....No ductwork losses, no extra electricty required to run a blower for ductwork, no additional cooling needed to cool the blower motor, and operation much quieter than typical ducted systems. Also, looking at high velocity systems due to compact ductwork leading to lower losses (especially in hot attics), less stratification, and better dehudification.

Any experiences folks want to share, especially regarding the zoned Ductless systems and Hi-V systems (noise, installation ease, sizing corrections, etc.)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • don_192
    don_192 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome Dave

As for the ductless..just follow the direction and all will
    be well.As for service they're like working under a dash board of a automoblie.Also getting replacement parts can be tuff at times too.

As for the high v system never had a need to use them so..
    I can be of no help.

This discussion has been closed.