Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old residential steam heat system

My daughter just bought a house with old steam pipes. The pipes in the entire house were drained to prevent splitting during freezing weather. However the steam system had a U shaped piece that held water and has now split. I have attached a picture of the fitting. Does anyone know if I can just fabricate a replacement from common fittings to replace the broken one? Any help is appreciated.


This discussion has been closed.