Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler replacement

Options
Jim_65
Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
Fellow Wallies:

I am by far one of the luckiest designer/estimators in our wonderful industry. We as a company are very blessed to have the very talented and quality driven installation/technician crews on our staff. Not only do they deliver on the grand scale of projects but continue to amaze me with their attention to the smallest details.

This is a big Thank You and highest compliment on the pride that both Sean Smith and Chris Nedrow show us on a daily basis. They make my job easier and the homeowner at ease as their work speaks for itself.

This particular project was a tight fit (not even close to what Ron Jr. experiences) for everything that we needed equipment wise. As always I provide a isometric conceptual diagram for them as a guidline and this installation looks better in real life than on my paper. Yet another before and after for my presentation book.

The homeowner expressed to me that we are the only contractor that has actually delivered a system as specified in our agreement without cutting corners. We both got a good laugh when he said that he could even walk into the room (closet) to work on and service his system now. He appreciated there work some much that he actually rewarded the two guys with his own cigar reserve.

I am grateful to be apart of this team.

Jim French

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    ummmm

WOW!! Nice attention to detail!
  • Tom Hopkins
    Tom Hopkins Member Posts: 554
    Options
    Nice!

Not to hard to improve on that peerless mess. Nice raceway work for the low volt. Your guys earned the cigars.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow

That is one awesome install Jim . Sean and Chris are true craftsmen . There isn't more attention to detail in a nuclear sub . Can I ask how long this project took to complete ? And where are you based ?

Amazing work , guys .
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks

Thank you all for the compliments. I will relay them to the real craftsmen.

We pre-fab the majority of the panel work in our shop with some prior measurement and layout coordination. The guys were on the project a little over a week. That time includes boiler removal, piping, venting, control work, start up, etc. We may have been able to complete this sooner but with the tight closet and close proximity they had to work side by side when the majority of the work only allowed one to be in there at a time. I know that a week does not even come close to what you accomplish with your replacement work.

The owner originally requested this to be scheduled during the heart of winter. Looking back he realizes that would have been a mistake and he would have been without heat. The weather has been in the 80's-100's lately.

I have the great pleasure of working with Mark Eatherton in Denver, CO. ME concentrates on commercial, the out of the box projects and whatever wakes him up at 3:00am. :) While I tend to focus on residential (replacements, retrofits, to McMansions) projects. With ME as our teacher the whole company benefits from his knowledge and willingness to share with us.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.