Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

All Patriot Wallies- Please Respond/ Darin Cook

Options
Darin Cook_5
Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
> I will too. What do they need? <BR>
<BR>
Darin

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=509&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Darin Cook_5
    Options
    We have a Wallie over in the sand!!!

Everyone, We have a genuine Wallie (Joe Landree) serving our own United States Air Force ( NJ Air Guard )- over in Kuwait. Joe served with me in Iraq and is well deserved in our kind praise in serving our country yet again. There is alot of sacrifice in meeting these demands. Please refer to the other post about Joe and send him something or the people serving with him something deserving of their sacrifice. We can very easily lose sight of the fact that a major war is being fought on our behalf since there is
    little to no sacrifice on our part!!!! There is a price tag for our freedoms, make no mistake. God bless us all, Darin

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Darin

Does Joe need anything? I would be happy to send a care package. Let me know...

Rick
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    And

I will too. What do they need?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Darin Cook_5
    Options
  • Darin Cook_5
    Options
    Joe did not say what is needed

Joe, tell us what you guys need or want.
    God bless America, Darin

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    I heard they lack reading materials

I sent over magazines to my nephew in the Vt. Air Guard. You can use those Priority boxes from the post office; about 8 bucks when mailed to a military address.
  • Johnboy
    Johnboy Member Posts: 35
    Options
    troops

I would like to send a care package as well. I served 4 years in the Marines from 82'-86'. I think the motto Semper Fidelis rings true for all of our troops that are fighting for our way of life. Thank you to all of them!!
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Darrin

Could you please post a link here to the post you are referring to?

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Unknown
    Options
    FYI

This is his blog. http://letters-from-the-desert.blogspot.com/

Read the first paragraph there, you'll get a chuckle, it relates to sending packages.

From a Chaplain in Iraq...

"I recently attended a showing of "Superman 3" here at LSA Anaconda. We have a large auditorium we use for movies as well as memorial services and other large gatherings. As is the custom back in the States, we stood and snapped to attention when the National Anthem began before the main feature. All was going as planned until about three-quarters of the way through the National Anthem the music stopped.

Now, what would happen if this occurred with 1,000 18-22 year-olds back in the States? I imagine there would be hoots, catcalls, laughter, a few rude comments, and everyone would sit down and call for a movie. Of course, that is, if they had stood for the National Anthem in the first place.

Here, the 1,000 Soldiers continued to stand at attention, eyes fixed forward. The music started again. The Soldiers continued to quietly stand at attention. And again, at the same point, the music stopped. What would you expect to happen? Even here I would imagine laughter as everyone sat down and expected the movie to start.

Here, you could have heard a pin drop. Every Soldier stood at attention. Suddenly there was a lone voice, then a dozen, and quickly the room was filled with the voices of a thousand Soldiers

'And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?'

It was the most inspiring moment I have had here in Iraq . I wanted you to know what kind of Soldiers are serving you here.

====================

Written by Chaplain Jim Higgins on 5/14/07. LSA Anaconda is at the Balad
    Airport in Iraq , north of Baghdad "

• Anthony Praga
    Anthony Praga Member Posts: 74
    Options
    joe

please tell us what you and the other soldiers need. you are in my thoughts and prayers

anthony praga
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess,,,

noone is reading the blog at the link I posted. All these guys get inundated with care packages so I would wait and see what the situation is before sending any off. Chances are they will have too much of everything in a very short time. I was sending regular packages to some Marines in Mosul and my contact (the corpsman) wrote me and told me to stop because they just had too much. But just FYI here is the original list I worked off of, from the Marines themselves:

They said this stuff is good but just plain old letters were good too.

Coffee (Good coffee),
    Greene tea, Earl gray, Irish breakfast tea, English royal, and assorted flavors….
    Spices (misc).. Garlic powder, minced garlic….
    Hot sauce… Green Tabasco, Chipotle, Habanero Tabasco , Cholula , other misc smaller hot sauce company products.
    Combos (cheese pretzels),
    Cambell’s Chunky soups,
    Soup mix for broth,
    Ramen noodles,
    Tang, Gatorade Assorted flavors (21 oz containers),
    Muscle milk (assorted),
    Protein bars,
    Assorted nuts (Cashews, peanuts, almonds, Walnuts),
    Blank Holiday cards,
    Black pens,
    Candy for kids / Good intel,
    Tuna,
    Trail mix,
    M&M’s and other chocolate (M&Ms handle the heat better).
    Socks (black or white)they can never have too many, think packages of tube socks,
    Gold bond medicated,
    A few good cigars never hurt either. ;) Get a "waterpillow" at the cigar shop, wet it and send it with cigars in a ziplock baggie.

Most chocolate will melt into a blob so stick with the M&M's and other non melting candy. Nothing perishable either, you don't know how long it will take for the package to get there. Believe it or not it can take less than a week but not always. There's nothing worse than getting your favorite homemade cookies from grandma only to find they've grown green fur along the way.

Hope this helps!
  • jalcoplumb_7
    jalcoplumb_7 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Sorry.

I have only been able to check the site once or twice a week.

I want to thank you all for your support.

I will ask the guys and gals here for some suggested items.

One thing we can sure use is Coffee. The chow hall makes the typical military mud. Magazines of all types are always appreciated especially P&M for the plumbing shop. A few of the guys like sunflower seeds and trail mix type snacks.

Thank you all once again.

TSgt. Joseph A. Landree
    "jalcoplumb"
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Joe,

we need your address.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Wallie relative there

How about a Wallie relative? My newphew, George, is a Marine stationed in the Fallujah region since March. Please keep him in your prayers, too. Thanks.
  • jalcoplumb_7
    Options
    Address

The Address is:

TSgt Joseph A Landree

386 ECES/CEOU

APO AE 09855

Thank you all for your support.
  • jalcoplumb_7
    Options
    Thank You!!

Got the goodies. We will enjoy the PM mag's.

Thank you!!!
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    That got there fast!

What else can we send you, Joe?

Thanks for all that you do.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark_7
    Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
    Options

as important as our troops are remember that there are families of the troops at home, do they need anything ? maybe we could help?

This discussion has been closed.