Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas steam boiler recommendation

Options
Boilerpro_5
Boilerpro_5 Member Posts: 407
D247 line. Beefy castings and nice large 4 inch tappings at a very affordable price. Just be careful when installing the CSD-1 dual low water cut offs. I would go with a modulating power burner unit first if you can, next a hi, low , hi or a modular unit by Slantfin.

Boilerpro

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=393&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Sam G.
    Sam G. Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Gas steam boiler recommendation

Can anybody reccomend a light commercial, atmospheric gas fired steam boiler? 700 MBTU input. I would prefer not to use a power flame burner. My supply houses do not carry the 300 series Smith. I won't install Weil Mclain (too many problems in the past) Slant Fin doesn't go that high. I'm not a fan of modulizing steam boilers (though there are 2 Hydrotherms there now). Thanks
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Burnham

makes the V9 series, which can fire gas or oil. Also the 5B atmospheric.

www.burnham.com

Why don't you want a power burner? A wet-base boiler with a gas power burner should be more efficient than an atmospheric boiler, since the flame is almost completely surrounded by water.

Whichever you decide on, get lo-hi-lo firing. When controlled by a Vaporstat, this can save a lot of fuel.

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why not an

LGB Weil? Our standard atmospheric commercial unit. When installed (to the book) & serviced properly - near zero problems.

• Sam G.
    Sam G. Member Posts: 12
    Options

We had too many problems with Weil Mclain #78's that company would not make good on. I won't put my name on an installation that I can't warranty to the customer.
This discussion has been closed.