Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

F.A.P

Options
singh
singh Member Posts: 866
the leads available to uponor's advantage member contractors. Or like the leads available to RPA members. Not asking for S.S # , just the basics.

Would you rather contact a FAP, who does not contact you back? I've seen a few posts which that was the case, for whatever reason.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=377&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options
    An idea

Dan,

Is there any way to make the FAP section more proactive for us. Example, instead of the homeowner/builder contacting us, perhaps they can fill out a short form with contact info, and I can contact them also.
    We can look at these leads on a periodical basis, based by zip code or state, any contact/lead info can only be viewed by those who have a FAP account. Maybe a password or something.

I know a lot of it is based on geography, but I know some have good success advertising as a FAP here, and others get no calls at all.

I'm willing to pay a little more for this feature when I renew my FAP ad.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Let's hear from the homeowners.

Would you fill out a form that would allow the Find a Professional contractors reach out to you?
    Retired and loving it.
  • John_102
    John_102 Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Maybe, but

What about privacy issues? I'm not so concerned about a Wallie Pro knowing about me, but the turkeys who pretend to be someone else or loose spambots on the Wall, etc. are another pot of eels entirely.

The administration of this might be more than Heating Help & Invision need/want to do. I suppose some variation of the secure eCommerce model might work though.
  • Tom S.
    Tom S. Member Posts: 94
    Options
    as long as...

you could do it both ways - either contact a specific contractor directly (by doing the zip code search on FAP) or putting a generic "this is what I need done, here's where I am" message in a form.

That said, I'm not much of a fan of sitting around waiting to be called - I'd rather reach out and call people - if they're not interested then okay, but at least I (hope I) get that info right away.

John
  • tonypete
    tonypete Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Both ways

HO here - I'd love to do as John R. says. Here's what I need - I am here. I haven't been very impressed by the local pros (?!) I called.

"No I don't have a Manual J." "A mudulation-confusing what?" "I'm sure I can do it once I read the installation instructions." "I never do a combustion test on a boiler." etc. etc.
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422
    Options
    In the light of what happened two days ago...

... perhaps it's better not to leave private data on the Invision servers.

At the end of the day, a e-mail link or phone number for the HO to call offers the same functionality as what Singh is proposing... with the added benefit that a HO will have to expend a tiny additional effort to actually decide among contractors... that is what your ads are for... which should reduce the tire kicking a bit.

Once contact has been made, it's up to the FAP pro to keep the conversation going. Based on anecdotal postings here and conversations I've had with fellow HOs, some pros are better at this than others.
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
This discussion has been closed.