Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Opinions wanted for new commercial project

Options
GREG LAUER
GREG LAUER Member Posts: 103
Contact Noritz and have them size up a bank of tankless ASME heaters. less space, instant hot water, full modulation.

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,761
    Options
    Opinions wanted for commercial project

Hey all, I have a job that is going in about 6 weeks, trying to decide which is best way to go.
    Specicics: 30 unit building,1920s, hot water heat, domestic hot water off condensing boilers. will be dual boilers.
    Questions needing input on, sizing done appx 550mbh heat load, just hoping for different ideas. Can't use standard indirect tanks as they don't meet the boiler code in our area. ? heat domestic directly w/ heat x for heating or heat radiator loop w/ domestic off heat x. Either way will have appx. 160 gallons of storage for domestic. Thanks in advance, Tim. PS, yanking old Birchfield firetube and direct fired water heaters.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    turbomax

If you are worried about ASME and indirects turbomax makes one that is rated. These things are amazing we are specing them on every job we can.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    DHW

Ditto! It will do the job. Contact Piere at Thermo2000.

http://www.thermo2000.com/content/en-US/s2_produits/optimizer.aspx

Jed
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Specs

Hi Tim, I know the Viessmann V300 tanks are rated and approved for all uses in Seattle. I'd be staging three Vitodens 15-60 wall hungs with their special venting and controls. If budget doesn't allow, then I'd use the "others" with a tekmar control strategy. It would certainly cost less to stage two cast iron boilers and use a 4 way motorized valve and a tekmar staging/reset control that will interface and protect the boilers from condensing. All depends on budget...

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Thats good to know Paul. I know that in the rest of the state the 300's are still up in the air. Minor technicality with literature.
  • tim smith
    Options
    Paul, couple questions

1st, this will be a condensing boiler job, but will be 2 boilers. Tanks must be U or H stamped. That's my dilemma. I looked at the tank mentioned above in post but I am a little leary, also it is not rep. on the west coast also. THANKS all for the replies, will reciprocate any time. Tim
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    The rep is local..

Mechanical Solutions, formerly Cooke Sales. Ask for Lee Cooke.

http://www.msinw.com/

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    approval

I'm not aware of any jurisdiction in WA state that doesn't allow the V300 tanks. Approval and IAPMO ratings are available in PDF files from the rep.

• tim smith
    Options
    Regarding rep

Paul, I did not clarify, the tank I was talking about with no rep was the one in the second post in this thread, as far as viessmann goes, I knew it was Cooke but is it U or H stamped? Tim
This discussion has been closed.