Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

remote monitoring system for heating system

Options
kubiak
kubiak Member Posts: 7
i have a customer who will be traveling for 3 months during the winter and wants a monitoring system. they don't want to winterize the house cause family will be staying there periodically. i am looking for something that would call my company and the caretaker of the property when the temp drops below 50. thanks for the help.

Comments

• bob_50
    bob_50 Member Posts: 306
    Options
    Google

auto dialer
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Aube?

Try Aube. www.aubetech.com

I believe it is the CT240-01 telephone controller that is capable of handling your request.
  • Marty_9
    Marty_9 Member Posts: 30
    Options

TRY THE HONEYWELL W8735,TOO
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Temp alarm

I have used the security company along with a temp sensor. They tied into a switch on their panel, it calls them and say's if too cool. They then either call owner or rep and in turn us.
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Freeze Alarm brand

Have used dozens of them here in Alaska. Have several different models from simple (one number call-out) to advanced (multiple number call out, multiple sensors). They are a breeze to install and program and we have had good luck with them. My cost here in Fairbanks is usually around $125 bucks for the simple model.
    regards,
    Rocky
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Caleffi

Caleffi makes a nice system also. You can not only monitor but you can adjust individual zone setpoints.
  • Ted_5
    Ted_5 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    HBX Controls

They have a computer program that you can use with their controls. With an Ethernet connection you can see everything that is on the control and change things. It can send you an e-mail if there is a fault. It is less then a $200.00 option. Buy it once and it is good for all of their controls.

Ted
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    didto..

Nice controls, I have warned my good friends at tekmar about them, to stop sleeping, get their gateway shipped, cause these guys are not sleeping

– used them on a system to modulate 4 Lochinvar knights, and give me 3 temps, 1)radiant injection+reset 2) air handler reset, 3) DHW setpoint

While they don’t have indoor feedback like tekmar tn4, they are offering a lot of bang for the buck - and currently have the best 0-10v ramp-up/down setup for external control of mod-con boilers to keep them from overshooting – at least the best I’v seen

Hbx and knights fit together like poetic justice, just like the knight boiler comes with tons of capability included right out the box, so does the cpu1000 from HBX – and both of their software allows you to practically see it all on one page

I have a tekmar 265 running 4 knights and a hbx cpu1000 running 4 knights,
    on the tekmar, I have to limit the high temp to 160 (overshoots to 182), on the hbx I get 170 (variable overshoot to 175), on the tekmar I have to combine two of the four knight into one unit, as the 265 only drives 3 mod-cons – however on the tekmar, is easy to set the min and max btus of each so you can mix and match – boiler sizes and types – so if you are mixing and matching boiler types to get max turndown at the low temps, and have a cast iron at the high temps, then, the 265 is a better fit, but if you want to modulate 5 boilers – then, the hbx is a better fit
  • kubiak
    kubiak Member Posts: 7
    Options

thanks for all the suggestions and help.
  • Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Honeywell's Telephone Access Module

Allows remote coms& control via any touch tone or cell phone. Works with our VisionPro IAQ or Networked Foced Air Zoning Systems. Available from any Honeywell distributor. Part numbers are W8735D1009 (2 channel) and W8735D1017 (4 channel). Go to www,customer.honeywell.com, scroll down to the lower right, and type in the part numbers. You'll get a PDF file of the tech sheets that you can print out. No charge, and no password needed.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    try this...scroll down for temperature guards.

http://www.argoindustries.com/product_literature.asp

Mitch
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Custom

I had the pleasure of working with this custom Viessmann system designed by KW Electronics.
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options

Check this out, we've installed several and they work great. Available at Graybar and on the net.

http://www.sensaphone.com/sensaphone-400.html
  • john Cockerill_2
    john Cockerill_2 Member Posts: 33
    Options
    notification

You can get a security communicator on E-Bay. You can go to internet search for security system communicator.
  • Collin_4
    Collin_4 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    IAQ

Bill, does the access module require a dedicated phone line within the house, then you dial that number to access it?
This discussion has been closed.