Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

needing gas nipple for a/c Nitrogen

You NEED a REGULATOR!!!! There was a guy 2 months ago in our town that was pressurizing a refrigeration system without one. The compressor head blew off the top of his. The regulator has all the fittings you need.

Comments

• Barry Hanold
    Barry Hanold Member Posts: 4
    needing gas nipple for a/c nitrogen

I need to locate a brass nipple for nitrogen gas cylinder to air conditioning charging hose. On the nipple - one side is inert gas threads and one side is air conditioning charging hose threads. Does anyone know each thread specifications? Does anyone know a source for such a brass nipple?
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    interesting..

My nitrogen tank regulator accepts standard refrigeration gauge set hoses.

Mitch
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

Try looking at your local welding supply store. My local store has all kind of parts for the regulators. I wore out the fitting end that goes to tank. They had plenty in stock. Local hvac store was a 2 week wait
  • jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    nitrogen

Without a regulator? hope you really know what you is doing. Best Wishes J.Lockard
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Have to use a regulator

A brand new tank of nitrogen will have 2000 PSI of pressure in it, which will blow any refrigeration hose out there.

You need to use a regulator.

Now if you have a regulator, but the fitting is gone, the adapter you normally need is either 1/8" MPT by 1/4" flare or possibly 1/4" MPT by 1/4" flare
  • Darin(in Michigan)_3
    Darin(in Michigan)_3 Member Posts: 28
    Please stay alive

I'm with the other guys. If you care enough to use nitrogen to do your leak checks, please don't cut corners and put your own life in jeopardy. Look at the burst pressure stamped on your refrigerant hose and then look at the guage pressure of a new nitrogen bottle at say 90*.
  • Barry Hanold
    Barry Hanold Member Posts: 4
    have regulator but post regulator

I am very sorry. My post was not succinct. I have a UL approved regulators (Argon for low flow rate and tiny psi plus Nitrogen for moderate flow rate and low psi). I need a nipple for low pressure side inert gas output thread (what the regulator has) to a/c hose.
  • Ken D._3
    Ken D._3 Member Posts: 18
    Nipple

If I understand you right,you will probably need a brass 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch male pipe thread by 1/4 in. flare adaptor to adapt the low pressure side of the Reg. to the gauge hose. (My reg. has a 1/4 X 1/4) Any refrigeration supply house should have it.
This discussion has been closed.