Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Will suction/liquid line heat exchanger?

Options
Hi all,

Know its been a while but wondering if wrapping the liquid line to my suction line on a walk in cooler with 404a will get rid of the bubbles in the site glass?

I have over 5 degrees subcooling, but still bubbles. Liquid line pressure is 260-270 pounds. I believe a little hi but am in a small room with not a lot of air change.

Not really thinking straight as I have worked 5 hours today, and not getting home till midnite the past 3 days!

Thanks for the help!

Don in Mo

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Bubbles

Hi Don! Is this a cooler or freezer?I think the head press is Ok for about 80-82*air temp into the condenser.What temp do you have?Any air cooled condenser in a small room suffers from higher than normal head pressures,charge the system to a clear glass and see what the head is.Then room ventilation will have to be adressed or a water assist condensor might have to be installed ,if allowed in your area.Or relocate the condensor to outdoors with the proper controls.Hay ,Don ,a 5 hour day isn't to bad ! But if your talking 15 hour days then you might be a little tired.Let us know how this works out! Get some well deserved rest!!
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Don

I was talking about a TXV system ! Did you get enough rest?
This discussion has been closed.