Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

forgive me Father

Options
joel_19
joel_19 Member Posts: 931
For I have sinned..... we've got a good customer that had a huge old gravity system about 10 years ago we converted it to dual staged boilers with a tekmar reset control it works mint.

They wanted A/C and now we are ripping it all out some pipes are 4" all done in 1911. No rust on any joints inside of pipes are clean. the poor dead men are rolling in thier graves. i couldn't convince them to keep it and just add A/C we are going Unico hydro air.

so i've got quite a collection of good solid leak proof cast rads. Mostly short and long up to 25 sections they are going to the scrap yard unless somebody steps up and buys them. I can keep some but can't store them all.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=254&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    Pray for absolution

Keep all the spare parts, it might be the owners will want it all back next winter. Forced air does not feel the same way at all compared to radiators - most particularly in older drafty homes.

It's a shame they didn't want a combination of a heat pump for summer AC and shoulder heat and the hot water radiant for busting cold winters. This solution would have been a big winner comfort wise and more importantly today an energy cost saver. Oh well.

The Purgatory is getting warmer...

• Steverino
    Steverino Member Posts: 140
    Options
    joel

perhaps you can ask your supplier if he knows of a source for the radiators? Some suppliers hang onto them for future sales. While the don't "fly out the door" here in the midwest U.S., I would think they'd sell rather well in the N.E. U.S.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    transfer houses

transfer houses would not be interested in taking those from me. I can't even get them to stock parts for the equipment that they sell. Get this I've got a 4,000 Sqft dry floor panel radiant job going. Transfer house called and begged me to get it off their floor, "we can't sit on this do you know hat it COSTS" "We don't have enough space. Gotta turn the inventory quicker Blah Blah Blah" take in old rads? Never happen I'd have to probably pay them a monthly storage fee.
    Chris I agree,not my idea but hey they wouldn't listen to reason and the checks don't bounce so what Are you going to do?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

By "short and long" do you mean "window radiators" (typically about 13" - 20" tall and quite deep)? If so, please don't scrap them--they're difficult to find.

Are they by any chance the "tall leg" version of U.S. Capitols? The legs are about 4" high as opposed to 2 1/2".
This discussion has been closed.