Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Yup, they did it...

Options
Normally I'd agree but the HO has been "overseeing" the job and made it so difficult for his hired on hourly paid "job supe" and crew that they up and quit after having done an exemplary job throughout. The HO is another retired finance guy who wants to build houses and starts with his own for practice. I did not know this going in. So now HE'S acting as GC/job supe and perty much don't have him a clue. I watched him make those guys rip out and reframe that bathroom 3 times and the questions that brought it all to a head were: A. Why is it taking so long?" and B. "How come we're over budget?".

I hate the thought of putting a fitting in that loop. I hate fittings in my loops... :(

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Got a call...

From the homeowner of the big fancy heat pump house, the one where the GC quit 3/4 of the way through. One of the features was a lovely heated bench and tub pedestal in the master bath done with quik trak and HePEX. The system has been up for months, it's 50% glycol. it seems the plumbers had to drill a hole for a faucet. Need I say more? The pedestal is covered in stone so the only approach is from underneath and through the underlayment and the Quik Trak. My response? "They're plumbers, they should be able to fix it."

Ooooo, I'm so ticked off right now...
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    And of course

the GC coordinated between everybody so that an area was left for the installation of the faucets so that everybody knew where the piping was, correct ? And space was left for the installtion of tub faucets that have to be there to use the tub right ?

Quick is easy, correctly take a little bit of time.

Sorry for thier troubles, H.O. don't deserve this.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dennis
    Dennis Member Posts: 101
    Options
    HO GC's

are not so bad, you have to let them know every change will cost money. Get them to sign change orders, and bill them when the change is done.
    If you do it any other way the job will suck out your life's blood one drop at a time, until you finally walk away a defeated man.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Unknown
    Options
    Heck, I'm ok...

I'm paid in full and my system was up and running except all I gotta do is turn the switches on for two more air handlers. As long as they fire up ok, I'm done. Now I'll have to go out and redo the glycol and bring it all back up to pressure, on his dime. Last I knew all the faucet holes had been drilled so I get the feeling this is the result of yet another change.

Update, I just talked to the guy, apparently it's fixed. How and how well, I don't know...
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks...

I feel much better now. No, I know the guys, they're actually pretty good. I blame th HO/GC. They may not have been aware the pedestal was heated, HE certainly was. He truly is clueless. Just another nuance of the construction lost when the builder walked away. I'm sure there are plenty more. He's the kind of guy that says, "I want a bleepin' hole there and I don't care what it takes." Which is how I ended up with hardwood instead of ceramic tile over my beautifully warmed floors. grrrrr...

Ahhhh, venting good! ;)
  • Unknown
    Options
    So he says to me...

"Can we eliminate the pedestal and just leave the bench warm?"

"Um, nope, it's all one loop, exactly 200 feet just like it's supposed to be."

"Oh."

Yea I did the 4' benchseat, and three walls around it plus the pedestal. I should have gotten a basketweaving award for it. It works so niiiiice... :)

Or it used to anyways

LOL...
This discussion has been closed.