Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hey everybody its Bob Dylans B-day

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
Mr. Tamborineman ain't going to be working on Maggies Farm no more because the Answer is blowing in the wind.

OR as Bob sang at so many of his concerts

The ^%##%& mmuuffle muffle shanng ding ziipple proof.

YA, sometimes Bob was hard to understand. I saw him at one concert where, thank God I knew the song cause ... I had No Idea what he was singing. :)

That being said .... I love Bobs early stuff.

Shelter From the Storm, Simple Twist of Fate, All Along the Watchtower.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Lurkin' Murkin'
    Lurkin' Murkin' Member Posts: 136
    Options
    I long to see you, in the morning light...

I think the title of one of the most beautiful songs ever is "Lay Lady Lay" - you know the one? He seemed realize that he needed to drop the nasal style, if he wanted to get someone in that big brass bed...
  • ScottMP
    Options
    I think that was

after the motorcycle accident so he had some surgery..

His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean and your the best thing that he's ever seen.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    Options
    My favorite Dylan

Now the rainman gave two cures and he said jump right in. The one was Texas medicine and the other was just railroad gin. And like a fool I mixed them and they strangled up my mind and now people just get uglier and I have no sense of time.

Oh Momma, can this really be the end ...To be stuck inside of Mobile with those Memphis blues again.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Best Dylan for me

Tweeter and the Monkey Man.

Check out those lyrics

Travelling Willburys
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    The early stuff & Traveling Wilburys...

were his best IMHO. Even today, the dripping sarcasm and underlying sadness of "Positively 4th Street" makes for a great breakup song. "Desolation Row" brings to mind the engravings of Old London by Hogarth. Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel, plus Pete Seeger are about the last of the "Old Folkies" still standing. Time to head down "Highway 61"!
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Another song....

That could almost be fully understood....The Story of Hurricane.

I like the words, I'll listen to the music, but the singing sounds more like "Tangled Up.... On LUDES"! Happy B-day Bob.

For those of you too young to know "Qua-LUDE"...Ask your parents.

Chris
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great memories,,,

speaking of "understanding" him,,does anyone remember when (I think it was), Dana Carvey spoofed him on SNL? Hilarious!

Dave
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Options
    And still something's happening...

...and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?

Or better yet -- "they say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy. She inherited a million bucks and when she died, it came to me. I can't help it if I'm lucky..."

Oh Bobby's so cool....

Saw him at Great Woods years ago (back when it was Great Woods). He had the Blood On the Tracks band backing him up -- Tangled Up In Blue sounded just like Last Train To Clarksville!
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Anther

Well, the deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount. But nothing really matters much its doom alone that counts. And the one eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn. Come in she said I'll give ya.. Shelter from the Storm.

OR

He hears the ticking of the clocks. And walks along with a parrot that talks, hunts her down by the water front docks, where the sailers all come in. Maybe she'll pick him out again, how long must he wait. One more time for a simple twist of fate.

Boooob

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Dylan is one of the all-time greats

His songs just don't get old. Each time I hear one of them I hear something new in it. These are two of my favorites:

"Flashing for the warriors whose strength is not to fight,
    Flashing for the refugees on the unarmed road of flight,
    And for each and every underdog soldier in the night,
    We gazed upon the CHIMES OF FREEDOM flashing".

You probably know the Byrds' version of this better, and Springsteen did a killer version on a live album too.

"How does it feel,
    How does it feel,
    To be on your own,
    with no direction home,
    A complete unknown,
    LIKE A ROLLING STONE"

Dylan's version of this is great- John Mellencamp performed it too on the Dylan 30th Anniversary live album with Al Kooper on organ! That's an album worth checking out, for those of us who haven't heard it.

This discussion has been closed.