Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Little Rascals trivia time

Lurkin' Murkin'
Lurkin' Murkin' Member Posts: 136
Lets see who remembers the best show ever:

1- What did Norman ask Miss Crabtree to call him?

2- What was the donkey's name that pushed the taxi?

3- What song did the old lady sing at the piano, before shooting her pill bottles with a slingshot?

4- What was Stymie trying to peel, determined that it wasn't going to choke him?

5- What did Spanky's long lost "Uncle Walter" repeatedly say?

6- What did Alfalfa hit Butch with, that prompted a threat of a whooping later?

7- What animal powered the gang's boat, in the big race?

8- What noise did the giant birthday cake that was filled with swell prizes make, after it came out of the oven?

9- What historical line did Spanky have trouble finishing, at the talent contest he told his pals he needed to loose?

10-What role was Buckwheat given at the last minute, in a Shakespeare play?

Bonus! Why wouldn't you want to drink the milk at the orphanage???

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Let's give it a whirl

1. Chubbsie Wubsie
    4. An Artichoke
    7. a duck
    8. Weep Wow (or something like that
    10. Juliet (Here I is!)

Bonus

Well, I answered 4. I'm sure I'd know all the answers if I was watching the episodes.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,229
    Oh- Kay!

1. Chubsy Ubsy
    2.Algebra (algeber)
    4.Artichoke
    7.ducks
    8.What noise? WEeeee-Waaaaaa?
    9. Juliet
    10. It's spoiled.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Lurkin' Murkin'
    My Homeo...

Wow, you sure nailed #8 - I got tears in my eyes laughing, just reading it...Amazing how something so silly can stay tucked away somewhere in your head. Don't worry, #5 will come to you - only it will be at 3 am and is going to scare the heck out of someone when you start uttering it. Good for the BBQs this weekend, though (Hint - the episode was titled "Kid from Borneo")
  • piperbob
    piperbob Member Posts: 8

#5 is uncle george not walter, yum-yum eat em up

bob
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246

#9 -- Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...
  • Lurkin' Murkin'
    And the mousetrap on the tongue award goes to...

Uh-oh, a different interpretation on #8! Which was it, or did it make both noises? I think there was a "whop whop whop whop whop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in there ,too? Nice going on #2 and the bonus (listed as #10). Maybe someone will have a round 2, since you're hitting them so quick?
  • Lurkin' Murkin'

Yep - I was trying like crazy to remember his name, to get that one in there. I can see I'm out of this league - you guys are the "Keepers of the 'scals".
  • piperbob
    piperbob Member Posts: 8

you might want to read this------

John Lester Johnson was born in Suffolk, Virginia (his death certificate states South Carolina) on August 13, 1893. His middle name was Leslie, according to an "Ebony" magazine article about Johnson (January 1960), but he changed it to to Lester when he left Virginia in 1910 for New York City, hoping to make a career in boxing. He had been fighting since his early teens. Johnson's first professional fight was in 1911 against Joe Jeannette in New York, but he lost the 10-round event on a decision. Described by sportswriters of the time as a "giant of a man" or as "a hulking ton of coal", he really was just a good-sized light-heavyweight. His fighting weight varied between 173 and 185 pounds. The Harlem Sporting Club in New York City was the scene of what may have been the first integrated professional boxing event, on July 13, 1916. Johnson's opponent was Jack Dempsey, who was still unknown at that time, but had been attracting some attention in the Western states. During the fight, Johnson proved to be a very worthwhile match against Dempsey, for in the second round, he broke three of Dempsey's ribs. The fight did continue, however, for a total of ten rounds, with no decision. Some of the sportswriters gave Dempsey the winning title, but Dempsey himself denied winning. He said, "I didn't know how to fight then, and he (Johnson) did. I think he won, and he taught me more that night than I had ever dreamed before". For the bout, Dempsey was paid $100, Johnson $200. Johnson continued boxing for several more years, eventually making his way to California. Denied his chance at the championship, he drifted into boxing obscurity. He helped support himself by taking bit parts in motion pictures. He also worked as a night watchman for the Armed Forces General Services Center in Maywood, Los Angeles. John Lester Johnson appeared in many movies of the 1930s and 1940s, in small parts, usually as a doorman, a slave, a criminal, a witch doctor, and at least once as a policeman. He did have one "starring" role, however, in the Our Gang 1933 short, "The Kid From Borneo". In this movie, he played Bumbo, "The Wild Man from Borneo". As Bumbo, he had a craving for candies, and every time he saw some, he'd say in a low, growling-like voice, "YUM-YUM! EAT' EM UP!" Johnson suffered a series of disabling strokes in the late 1950s, he resided at the Veterans Administration Hospital in West Los Angeles until his death, at age 74, on March 27, 1968. His wife, the former Lulu Dill, survived. Johnson is interred at the Evergreen Cemetery in Los Angeles.
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Rascals

The scary part is I remember all of this.
  • Joe_91
    Joe_91 Member Posts: 8

I watched the Little Rascals religiously, but the only one I could get was the artichoke line.
    Sure do remember the guy chasing the kids around saying "yum yum eat-em-up". That was scary when you're a little kid like them!
    Seeing all the contraptions they had for self propelled vehicles sure gave me and all my friends ideas, but we didn't have the ability those kids had! Nor the hollywood prop master help, either!!!
    Ya know, back then those guys all seemed normal as me and my friends were. I thought the stuff they did was nothing out of the ordinary, they just seemed to live in "olden days".
    Never missed the 3 Stooges, either.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    How about...

With #1:

"Oh Miss Crabtree, I have something heavy on my heart."

"Oh Chubsy Wubsy, your going to have have something heavy on your nose." Jackie Cooper
  • Lurkin' Murkin'
    Awwww, applesauce...

Glad it brought back fun memories, and the trivia on top of the trivia was indeed an interesting read. But how can we have a round II, with questions #3 and #6 unanswered?
  • Ken D._3
    Ken D._3 Member Posts: 18
    Rascals- Our Gang

How about; Jackie: Well what are you doing here? Chubby: I was just passing by, thought I'd drop in. Jackie: Well keep passing by until you come to the river and them drop in!
This discussion has been closed.