Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

using pex tubing for h/w radiaters

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
Viega's FostaPex or other brands with the aluminum layer inside. They shape better, have less expansion/ contraction issues, and are offered with plenty of compression or crimp adapters.

hot rod
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• doug o'connor
    doug o'connor Member Posts: 17
    Options
    pex tubing for cast iron radiater/matl list

heat system is boiler thru 8 zone manifold, pex tubing run, transition to brass pipe that go to cast iron radiater.
    who can give me recommendation for insulation matl,wall ties, fittings for transition 1/2" pex to 1/2",3/8" weep, brass value type for the radiater.
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    It's a Home Run!

I like your approach, using brass pipe for the exposed run. The PEX manufacturer should have an assortment of PEX to IPS fittings. I used Kitek K-1's for example (PAP, granted) to connect to old gravity risers. In your case, you said that the PEX was already run. PAP is better IMHO.

With valved manifolds and purge valves there, I do not think you would need valves at the radiators. Makes for a clean job the way you are going, to my mind.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Unless you use thermostatic valves at the rads I have to agree. Rad hand valves would give almost no control and you can balance MUCH more effectively via the manifold valves.
  • doug o'connor
    doug o'connor Member Posts: 17
    Options

thermas for every zone(raidater)
This discussion has been closed.