Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why I buy Uponor

Options
Josh_10
Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
Hey Rocky,

Siggy was down here in Seattle today and showed some compromising photos of you!

Comments

• Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Reason I have never bought a foot of the other stuff

Have never seen another manufacturer, or manufacturer's rep step foot here in Fairbanks for training. Rick Mayo with Uponor was here two days ago and brought (sponsored) Siggy's class here. Now, dragging someone of Siggy's caliber all the way up here to the Great White North is not an inconsequential expense. Yet, here they were. Have been to numerous other training programs sponsored by Uponor over the past few years. What's more, alot of these classes are not Uponor-specific classes, they are either RPA-type classes of a technical nature, or business-sales classes. Either way they are designed to raise the bar for everyone, not just Uponor. Regardless, of what type of class it is, they are designed to make me a better contractor/businessman. Try to find another manufacturer willing to do that, not just sell their product.

That's why I have never bought a single foot of the other products out there. Thanks Uponor and Siggy for a great class. Next time stay long enough to do some King fishing after the class!

Warm regards from Fairbanks,
    Rocky
  • Mad Dog!!!!!!!!
    Mad Dog!!!!!!!! Member Posts: 157
    Options
    I have tried others when there were times of

scarce availability - not often. I see no reason to switch...and I will always call it Wirsbo...I never stopped calling them the Oakland Raiders....Mad Dog
  • siggy
    siggy Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Hydronics in Fairbanks

Rocky,

I really enjoyed spending time with you and the others in Fairbanks. It was a great class, and I have to say that one specific photo got the biggest applause of the day. I was impressed by your staff, and hope that after the class Wild Bill is a bit more enthusiatic about hydronic heating, if that's possible. Great location and great people. Keep up the good work.

Siggy
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Siggy *~/:)

We only wished for a couple more days:)

our days are long right now it is still daylight and it is like 11;30or thereabouts :) You are very Here and now that is inspirational dude:) Your totally into it :) you probably left here thinking ' those guys up there must live on coffee and the way the food Vanished ....' you likely think we never stop for food :))

a tile and marble guy in New York said that i ought to come down and spin some work in with his company :))when you see the Bob Villa guy say " question is do you know who i am/ :) i am the guy who was just offered the same cabinets for a few thousand dollars less by the owner" :)) Then he will remember ;) ....
    sorry ...i digress :) We can only wish you the best in your work and we sure would like you to stop by on your way back from Germany,via New Zealand Australia and Japan :) the place must seem about as cosmopolitan as the twilight zone ... buh, you got to admit.. we Are.... a lively audience :)
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Josh...

My wife thinks I am a sick freak. "Why can't you leave those books at home and just quit thinking about boilers? We are on VACATION!", she says.
    I reply, "What? Did you say something? I was reading about flat pump curves and how we can simulate them with variable speed pumps and..." Well...you can imagine the conversation from there.
    Just glad John's book is a LARGE text book. It had the ability to cover my ample mid-section in the picture!

Supposed to be 80 degrees here in Fairbanks today, I think it will be a short day. My new riverboat is calling.

Adios, amoebas,
    Rocky
  • Darrell
    Darrell Member Posts: 303
    Options
    Calendar Malfunction

My son and I signed up to go to the Wasilla Seminar w/ Rick and Siggy. (My son started his apprenticeship this morning with the same man who apprenticed me!) Unfortunately we had a calendar malfunction. We got up Tuesday morning at three am and drove four hours to Wasilla...to discover that the Seminar was GOING TO BE Wednesday! So we had breakfast and drove home. It got funny about a hundred miles down the road! Couldn't come back up the next day...next time.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

I don't think Siggy is going to have a hard time coming up with more info to the third edition "Modern Hydronics"! Were pretty excited about everything that is coming out as well.

I thought that I should re-introduce myself to you by the way. I'm pretty sure we met once while I worked for a rep. located in Seattle. I can't for the life of me think of the project though. Rep shall remain nameless!

Scary to say that I recognized you from the picture.
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Wirsbo is my first choice too. You just can not beat the fittings.

Dave Stroman in Denver

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.