Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best way to controll different temp in 3 bedrooms

Options
JOE_99
JOE_99 Member Posts: 15
Trying to figure out best way to control the temp in 3 bedrooms on one zone with its own pump (BB hot water).After the pump I was thinking of putting second manifold (feed by 3/4 copper from pump) with 3 home runs to each BR of 1/2 copper(total of 20 BB heat+ about 230 total feed and return 1/2 copper).I look into TRV's but I can't change temp in each rm that easy,will use room only a few hrs a day (kids gone use room for other stuff now).Was thinking of Zone valves after the second manifold.Any idea welcome.

Comments

• don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    Saves your money

and use the damper that come on the heaters.
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Enerjee

I would look into the Enerjee valve product. These are TRV's with a three-way diverter (by-pass).

If your system is piped in series then you pipe the EV on the supply side and by-pass the element (with copper in the hanger) and then tie back into the return of that baseboard before continuing to the next section of hwbb. All of this piping is concealed inside the baseboard enclosure.

Individual room temperature control is performed by the TRV head. Turn down the areas you are not using and turn up the ones you are. :)

We installed this set up in a Master Bedroom where they wrapped the outside walls with HWBB. Room was always hot and this was an inexpensive alternative to repiping/rezoning.
  • JOE_99
    JOE_99 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    will not be series

I will not be running the 3 rm in a series,wife only will allow BB on one wall in each room.After the second maniflod each room will be home run to room and to return of second return maniflod (yes this is a lot more expenive(pipeing+other stuff)). As for the knob to adjust I really know that she will have hard enough time just adjusting the thermostate.
This discussion has been closed.