Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warren Webster Trap repl.

JK_5 Member Posts: 2
I'm looking to replace a couple of old Warren Webster traps but can't come up w/ a cross ref. First one is #0023 "Vent trap" 1" and the other is 00TRB1 "Boiler return trap" any help would be greatly appreciated.


  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,894
    Go to Virtual Tradeshow at this site

    Finf Tunstalll Associates. When you call ask for Woody Tunstall. Tunstall has EVERY trap replacement OR will make it. Very reasonable and faster than a Thorooughbred! Tell him Mad Dog Sent ya. Mad Dog

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Why would they need replacing?

    Neither one has a thermostatic element that wears out.

    The vent trap is an air vent with a float-operated valve to prevent the escape of water if it backs up that far. It probably has a vacuum check in the top, which can be unscrewed to remove it. Since vacuum checks are only effective with coal firing, they should be removed.

    The Return Trap is really a pressure-powered pump which makes sure the water can be returned to the boiler if the pressure rises beyond where gravity can return the water by itself. Nowadays we can limit boiler pressures more effectively with a Vaporstat, but a Return Trap could still serve as a backup.

    The Tunstall people can overhaul these units if needed.


    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog!!!!!!!!
    Mad Dog!!!!!!!! Member Posts: 157
    I'm sorry, I fired off a solution without reading better

    I was thinking you meant Individual radiator traps. Listen to Steamhead. Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.