Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Input?

Options
has a plumbing business he and his Dad started 20 years ago. His Father has since passed-on,,but with the greatest stroke of luck a year ago, he won the lottery $300K! Maybe not much I agree, but the guy still runs around on nights and weekends himself doing calls(and I will not, unless its an emergency), his wife has a great job, and the children are well taken care-of,,how much money do you think a guy needs?<BR>BTW-He works with his brother who also won $300K and deducts smoke breaks from his hours!<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    If he's

If he's happy doing what he is doing and isn't taking his customers to the cleaners what's the problem? Some guys are just very ambitious. Then some are very ambitious but unfortunately are poor managers. Too each his own.

Leo
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks Leo,

I always respect your opinion.

Dave
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Dave, Work is work.

i suspect that they like the work that they do,the good fortune is nice and all buh an equally unfortunate set of events might be on the horizon...

money may not have ever been the center of his universe...his wifer and kids and dedication to the work clearly hold some higher place of value in his world. i am cool with that.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Options
    work

I could not have said it better. If you do what you want to do instead of some job you hate or tolerate, hours and time of day may not apply.

Larry
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458
    Options

We should all be so lucky to have the resources to stop working and the drive and dedication to keep going caring for our customers.
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Two Brothers win Equal Lotteries

OK, here in Massachusetts, that is entirely normal and celebrated :)

I agree with those that say, to each their own. $300K even $CDN (not that there us much difference to $USD) is a fair nest egg that takes the future burden off. Working diligently and deducting smoke breaks from billable hours is admirable. Imagine if he quit smoking what would happen to his net income and productivity?

I have to smile when I think of folks who have it together. Good for them.
This discussion has been closed.