Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cast iron radiators

Options
Big Ed
Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
A old "steam only "radiator.They used one way nipples and screwed on the sections..Did you noticed no top push nipples and only connected on the bottom ?

Comments

• nick calfo
    nick calfo Member Posts: 2
    Options
    left handed threads

Someone removed a plug from an existing cast iron radiator.(left side) The outlets on the right side of the radiator has standard threads.The left side has left handed threads.I assume this because we took plug from right side and tried in left but it wouldn't screw in. Has anyone heard of this? If so,where might Ibe able to buy an 1-1/4" steel plug? France 170101 baxisa was stamped on rad.
  • Daniel_3
    Daniel_3 Member Posts: 543
    Options

There are not too many spots to locate a LHT npt plug Nick. Do a search and you'll find some info on how to get them. Here's a picture of ones I had made for an AR co. wall radiator.
  • Jerry_15
    Jerry_15 Member Posts: 379
    Options

You're working too hard. I always run a tap in first,on all rad jobs, and sometimes have to dress the male threads with tapered file, saves a lot of hassle. Never seen a reverse thread on the outside section. Having said that I think Eghli has all that kind of stuff if you really need it. The tap can actually reverse the threads quickly and easily and you'd be better off. Dope, tape, dope. HOOyah. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.