Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

condensing boiler

Options
rich_42
rich_42 Member Posts: 9
condensing boilers viesmann vs. buderus vs. tringle tube & why is one better than the other. viesmann has abuilt in mixing control.valve

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Which Viessmann?

The Vitodens does not have an internal mixing valve but does have an internal diverting valve to heat domestic hot water, just to be clear. EDIT: The Vitodens and other models have add-on setups external to the boilers though, with control outputs as Andrew noted. It is just not a "given".

Given a choice and based on shear quality, the Vitodens 200 would get the nod, hands down as my #1 choice. Below that and subject to more field experience, the circulator-less Vitodens 100. My third choice would be the Triangle Tube Prestige.

What all three have in common is a stainless steel heat exchanger which I know to be more durable and more tolerant of the pH level encountered. Not that aluminum (the Buderus GB-142) cannot deal with it. Just that the material in and of itself is more tolerant.

The Viessmann stainless is type 316 Ti (titanium stablilized). It is an incredible material and I believe is proprietary to Viessmann. Otherwise 316L is pretty common; "L" stands for "low carbon", BTW.

Brad
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Ranking

The Vitodens does have internal control for an add-on motorized mixing valve on Heating Circuit B.

Of the 3 mentioned, I would rank them best to less best: Vitodens, Prestige, GB-142. Which is appropriate for your application and budget is a different question.
This discussion has been closed.