Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant system plus hot H2O radiators in Vt. ski cottage

Options
Walter -

Google "Temperature guard plus" ... it may be what you are looking for. You can remotely override up to 4 heating zones.

I spec'ed one of these for a ski home a few years ago ... owner seemed happy with it. I believe it retails for $625.

The company is in Berlin, CT. Hope this helps.

Comments

• Walter Goodman
    Walter Goodman Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Radiant system plus hot H2O radiators in Vt. ski cottage; fuel

1--My sisters and I are building a 900 sf cottage for ski use, for our use and to rent. My sister loves radiant, but since we need to have fast rise to set temp. for renters, we are adding some radiators. Is the added capital cost going to outweigh any possible benefit of the radiant system? Keep in mind we also need to maintain above freezing temps for long periods of no occupancy.
    2--Another decision, which may impact the first. Which is currently favored in rural New England, oil or propane? I am aware of the small annual maintenance advantage of propane.
    3--Lastly, are there any cheap simple systems yet for monitoring and setting thermostat remotely, e.g. over the Internet? Would be ideal for a sudden rental.
  • Unknown
    Options

If you do low mass radiant, it will heat up quickly. A phone switch is the cheapest easiest way to trigger remotely, for internet monitoring the upcoming teknet 4 gateway I imagine will be the cheapest way to go.

If it's all a low temp system, a propane mod/con boiler can eliminate a chimney as well and will run most efficiently.

You'll need glycol in the system for antifreeze, of course.
This discussion has been closed.